The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 15,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What’s the Opportunity?
We’re looking for a creative and tech-savvy product marketer to create and drive the go-to-market strategy for Intercom’s help desk product, Resolve. You will craft product positioning and messaging to ensure that we are effectively articulating the value of Resolve to the market. In doing so, you’ll work closely with product management and sales to help inform future product roadmaps based on an expert understanding of the competitive landscape, customer needs, and industry trends. This is a very cross-functional and high-impact role.
What will I be doing?
As a product marketing manager you will:
- Develop and constantly refine the positioning and messaging for Intercom’s Resolve product
- Use customer and competitive research and use it to influence product strategy and drive effective messaging
- Lead product launches and ongoing promotion in collaboration with the entire marketing team and the broader go-to-market teams including sales
- Generate high quality content for prospective and existing customers including emails, blog posts, webinar content, landing pages, product videos and more
- Collaborate with the wider marketing team to drive marketing qualified leads through campaign activities to targeted customers for your product
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years of B2B product marketing experience, ideally in the software space
- Owned positioning and messaging for a product or line of products
- Proven track record of partnering with product management to contribute to product strategy
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills with an insane attention to detail
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to manage complex, cross-functional projects to completion
- You are genuinely excited by software products and can talk very comfortably about how they work
- Understanding of data and how to use data to perform analysis and make informed decisions
- Ambitious, with a growth mindset, and can lead projects with a high level of autonomy
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Relocation assistance available
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!