The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 15,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago Support office and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
Intercom is looking for an analyst to spearhead all things financial planning and analysis. This individual would lead the budget planning and analysis efforts, work closely with each department head to anticipate and react to unexpected changes, and help Intercom meet its bottom line profitability and cash targets. As an analyst you’d work closely with the heads of each department, own the reporting and tracking process, and have the opportunity to inform and influence key strategic financial decisions. Additionally, you would assist in other FP&A ad hoc analyses and transitions in support of the finance team.
A financial analyst at Intercom must have a strong understanding of subscription based businesses and SaaS metrics. MRR, Churn, CAC, and LTV are all common terms in our vocabulary, and should be a part of yours. Additionally, you should have some familiarity with how to read a P&L, and an ability to understand and synthesize public company financials. As an analyst, you'll have the opportunity to work with every team at Intercom.
This is great opportunity to impact the trajectory of a quickly growing company. Only apply if you are hungry to take ownership over your work, and excited by what Intercom is trying to achieve.
What will I be doing?
- Own and maintain centralized budget, including regular reporting, and work with departments to help them hit their targets
- Forecast and consolidate financial statements
- Lead planning cycles with senior management and board of investors
- Benchmark our growth and financial metrics to comparables in the industry
- Support key Intercom initiatives, such as financing rounds, M&A, and investor relations
- Dive into the metrics and data of interest to you and share your findings
- Analyze potential pricing changes, A/B tests
What skills do I need?
- Proven track record of delivering actionable analysis with minimal supervision
- BA or BS/MS degree with strong academic record, preferably in a quantitative discipline
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in a quantitative, finance role with experience forecasting financial statements
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions
- Unbeatable Excel skills
- Strong skills querying SQL databases
- Familiarity with common SaaS metrics (MRR, ARR, Churn, CAC, LTV, etc.)
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Relocation assistance available
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!