The way businesses talk to people online is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring messaging products for sales, marketing & customer service to one platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations that build real connections. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom lets you talk to consumers almost anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email. Today more than 15,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Intercom has 300 employees between its San Francisco headquarters, Chicago support office and Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
The Marketing team at Intercom are passionate people who love their craft, sweat every detail, and push the boundaries of traditional B2B marketing. We exist to generate awareness for and take Intercom's suite of communication products to market. We reach prospective customers by publishing quality content on the Inside Intercom blog, writing books, producing podcasts, and hosting events. We help these people understand the jobs our products can be hired for through clear, no fluff product marketing and education. We're looking for people that have a higher bar to join our growing team of 30+ marketers across demand generation, content marketing, product marketing and education, design, communications, and events.
What’s the Opportunity?
Intercom has everything you need to run an enviable PR campaign: a truly differentiated, industry-leading product; loyal, passionate customers; brilliant leaders and a hyper-growth trajectory.
As the Communications Manager at Intercom, you will own our external communications program, including media & influencer relations, speaking opportunities, analyst relations and more. This job is based in San Francisco, but you will be responsible for our PR in Dublin, Ireland, where our product is built (this is currently managed through a local PR agency). This is an important role on our lean but mighty Comms team; there's lots of room for growth and creativity, and we thrive on big ideas.
You should be highly organized, with strong PR fundamentals and a finely-tuned sense for what makes a compelling story. PR agency management experience is strongly preferred.
What will I be doing?
- Day-to-day business & tech media relations, in partnership with our agencies
- Management of our Dublin, Ireland PR through local firm (will involve moderate travel)
- Speaker program
- Analyst relations
- Awards & industry “top” lists
- Executive interview prep / media coaching
- Media events
What skills do I need?
- Minimum 6-8 years of PR experience (agency + in house preferred) and existing media relationships
- Process-driven with absolutely stellar organizational skills
- A great attitude and an inclination toward continuous improvement and growth
- Experience handling multiple projects and ability to adapt in a fluid, high-growth environment
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal)
- Team player with a sense of ownership and "get things done" approach
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced and self-directed environment
Preference given to:
- PR agency and/or personnel management experience
- B2B PR experience
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Relocation assistance available
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!