Intercom is redefining how businesses support their customers using powerful messaging and automation.
Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Lyft Business, rely on Intercom to deliver efficient and personal customer experiences at scale. Intercom is used to send over 500 million messages per month and enables interactions with over 600 million monthly active end users.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through in-product messaging, and so much more!
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Research, Analytics & Data Science (RAD) team at Intercom use data and insights to drive evidence-based decision-making. We're a team of data scientists and product researchers who use data — both big and small — to build customer empathy, drive product strategy and shape products that deliver real value to our customers. If you get really excited about asking the right questions, exploring patterns in data and surfacing actionable insights, then this role is for youStaff Data Scientists in RAD work on Intercom’s most strategic programs. This role will enable you to drive and influence projects that directly impact our customers and millions of end users who communicate via our messaging platform daily.
What will I be doing? 🚀
You’ll be the lead data scientist for Intercom’s most important product initiatives. You’ll build relationships and collaborate with executives and principals across product, design and engineering to shape our product strategy. You’ll drive recommendations on which projects to prioritise and invest in and you’ll manage collaboration with finance, marketing and sales to determine how these projects impact Intercom’s commercial performance.
- You’ll build and automate actionable models and dashboards
- You’ll craft data stories, share your findings and advocate for your recommendations across the company
- You’ll design, build and update end-to-end data pipelines, working closely with stakeholders to drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources and tables.
- You’ll propose and lead projects to improve the tools and infrastructure that data scientists use to do their work.
- You’ll be part of the RAD leadership team, where you’ll help improve how the RAD org operates
- You’ll mentor and coach other data scientists and product researchers in RAD
What skills do I need? 📖
- 7+ years experience working with data to solve problems and drive evidence-based decisions
- Demonstrated ability to influence and guide product strategy with data
- Excellent communication skills (technical and non-technical) and a focus on driving impact
- Experience mentoring other data scientists
- Strong growth mindset and sense of ownership. Innate passion and curiosity
- Excellent SQL skills
- Strong proficiency with a scientific computing language (R or Python)
- Proficiency with BI/Visualization tools like Tableau, Superset or Looker
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Experience working on a B2B SaaS product
- Experience working with Go To Market teams (Marketing, Sales, Finance)
- Experience with data modeling and ETL pipelines
- Experience partnering with Product Research teams
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.