Intercom is redefining how businesses support their customers using powerful messaging and automation.
Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Lyft Business, rely on Intercom to deliver efficient and personal customer experiences at scale. Intercom is used to send over 500 million messages per month and enables interactions with over 600 million monthly active end users.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through in-product messaging, and so much more!
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We are relocating Product Marketing from the US to be colocated with the Product org in Dublin and London, and are rebuilding our Product Marketing function from scratch. We need an ambitious leader to help build and lead the team.
Intercom is leading the creation of a next generation solution for the customer support category. This huge category has been relatively dormant for the last decade, but is ripe for transformational change due to advancements in Messaging, Automation, and AI technology.
Our product has been leading this transformation, and is now maturing to a point where we believe we can win the category, by continuing to innovate and mature the product, but also take our story to market in a way that inspires and educates businesses about a new and better way to support customers and create great customer experiences.
Specifically, this means:
- Be a leader in the company delivering the next generation solution in the customer support category.
- Bring to market a completely new era of Product Marketing at the company who helped define and inspire the current wave. Take Intercom Product Marketing back to the vanguard of next generation B2B product marketing.
- Build a product marketing team that can match our product cadence of over 100 releases a year.
- Build and grow a new team, colocated with the Product leadership team in Dublin and London, with lots of opportunity to shape it as you see fit.
- High visibility cross functional leadership role, reporting into the Chief Product Officer.
- Strategic role that also gets their hands dirty.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Lead Intercom Product Marketing and Education, building the team and motivating them around our vision to lead the Customer Support category with a next generation solution.
- Present to company leadership and inform company strategy.
- Present to the full company, celebrating and explaining your team’s work, and inspiring everyone.
- Present externally, at Intercom events, industry events, and with analysts.
- Be a highly engaged member of the Product SLT (Senior Leadership Team), and the R&D SLT. Work with peers to help us build a world class organisation at increasing scale.
- Be a highly engaged member of the distributed Marketing leadership team.
Own and drive our Product Marketing strategy, including:
- How we position ourselves in the market.
- How we tell our story in ways that is inspiring to customers.
- How we translate our product capabilities and product updates into messaging clearly demonstrating customer value.
- How we execute bigger launches that are compelling and easy to understand for our customers.
- Own our competitive positioning, keeping everyone up to date on the latest developments in our industry.
- Influence product strategy by being a partner to the Product org, bringing in sales feedback, customer and market insights, the competitive landscape. Debate with product partners on how we use these insights to prioritise and build our product roadmap.
- Influence GTM strategy by working with Marketing, Sales and Growth leaders and the Exec team.
- Collaborate with Marketing leaders in Content, Demand Generation, Events, PR, to ensure we have a unified Marketing strategy, and these functions have what they need from PMM and Product Education.
Execution and Results
- Accountable for strong execution in our PMM and Product Education teams.
- Hold high standards across all dependent functions, consistent with a company aiming to be the single best support solution on the market.
- Work with urgency and intention, helping teams ship early and often, knowing that what matters most is what our customers experience.
- Own and drive the production of high quality content for the Marketing org, and to support our Sales Enablement strategy.
People management and people engagement
- Directly manage the PMM organization, leading, mentoring, and growing the people within.
- Directly manage the Product education leader, helping them lead, mentor, and grow their team.
- Maintain high employee engagement scores, work with others to evolve and improve how we work, our people policies, etc.
- Participate in the hiring & inspiring of our team.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 7+ years of product marketing experience in B2B technology, preferably in SaaS.
- 3+ years experience building and leading a team of individual contributors and managers.
- Proven track record of partnering with product orgs to contribute to product strategy.
- Very high attention to detail (to uphold high standards in execution).
- You are genuinely excited by software products, are passionate about new technology and its impact on the world, and can talk very comfortably about how software products work.
- You are excited about building a very successful revenue, and how the work of your team impacts the business.
- Strong both qualitatively (understanding customers) and quantitatively (measuring the impact of what we do).
- Be highly impactful in a world of ambiguity. Bring clarity and simplicity to complex topics with many qualitative and quantitative inputs.
- Excels at all forms of communication, written, spoken, from 1:1 to large presentations. Can explain topics at any zoom level (highly strategic and abstract to specific and tactical) to employees at any zoom level (Execs to Individual Contributors).
- No tolerance for work/work, or docs/pdfs as an end state of a project. Always looking to drive a direct line between the work of the team and customer value and/or business impact.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.