Intercom is redefining how businesses support their customers using powerful messaging and automation.
Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Lyft Business, rely on Intercom to deliver efficient and personal customer experiences at scale. Intercom is used to send over 500 million messages per month and enables interactions with over 600 million monthly active end users.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through in-product messaging, and so much more!
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Our company website is the centerpiece of our brand, the public source of truth about Intercom's products, and the number one driver of leads for our demand generation team. Intercom.com sits at the intersection of awareness, product marketing, demand, and support.
Intercom's web team is looking for an engineering leader who can help us evolve our website to fully utilize modern web technologies to meet our marketing goals at speed and scale. The focus of this position is to collaborate directly with a wide variety of business stakeholders to outline objectives and guide the best use and implementation of web capabilities to showcase our portfolio, drive engagement, and capture leads. This position is a full-stack engineering hands-on management role leading a diverse global team in our web platform's ongoing maintenance and optimization. Candidates with experience implementing code and applications supporting standard web marketing best practices will do well in this position. Examples include SEO, content management, personalization, a/b testing, privacy and accessibility compliance, responsive design, localization, analytics, site performance, staging, continuous integration, deployment, and quality governance. This role reports directly to the Sr. Director, Web, and manages full-time and agency resources across front-end and back-end systems.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Manage the platform, processes, and supporting teams who develop and maintain Intercom.com systems
- Align with strategic partners across brand, marketing ops, product marketing, and demand to translate goals into engineering programs and execution plans
- Organize, scope, and prioritize engineering work coming in from a variety of teams and feedback channels
- Manage and optimize a world-class engineering team that fully owns the marketing site, which includes cloud infrastructure (+DNS and CDN), app maintenance, deployment pipeline, CI/CD, as well as building the front-end and back-end systems
- Lead strategic website capability roadmaps, justification processes, and execution plans
What skills do I need? 📖
- 3+ years in an Engineering Management position, with line management of 5+ engineers
- Prior experience as a full-stack engineer working with teams who have up-leveled sites for digital marketing capabilities and SaaS best practices
- Strong relationship-building skills and empathy for marketing teams
- Ability to execute fast to deliver business outcomes while evolving for scale longer term
- Have expertise integrating, developing, or scaling usage of solutions like Contentful (CMS), Marketo (Marketing Automation), Mutiny (Personalization), Optimizely (Testing), GTM (Tags), Google Analytics (Reporting), and Intercom (Website Messenger)
- Knowledge or experience with technical SEO a plus, especially page speed optimization and indexation
- Strong modern website development fundamentals e.g. Next.js, React or similar.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.