Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As the Analyst, Sales Analytics, you will aid the creation and execution of our global reporting activities for the Sales organization, analyze and share insights on key revenue and top of funnel trends, design and measure metrics to enhance overall productivity, and ultimately help scale our business in an effective way.
This role will impact our fast growing sales team by driving performance and process improvements, contributing to strategic and operational planning, and providing business insights. You will make recommendations that support key decisions across the Sales function. This position has high-visibility and will be expected to present to company leadership on key initiatives.
We’re looking for a proactive, independent thinker with deep analytical skills, coupled with the ability to work in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, dig into massive sets of information, and create solutions to problems that have never been tackled before.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Support annual/quarterly/weekly analytics and reporting for the sales organization, identifying key changes and trends that will materially impact the company’s growth trajectory
- Establish and operationalize key performance metrics, and develop reporting tools and dashboards using Tableau to help drive insights and action
- Build data science models that accelerate growth by optimizing sales processes and prioritizing opportunities
- Transform data from data warehouse tables into data artifacts to power analyses and dashboards for company-wide use
- Drive business change by developing a keen understanding of the business, identifying areas of focus through data driven insights, and building trust with business partners.
- Advise on new business growth strategies and existing business retention & expansion opportunities using models and analytics.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders in Sales, Finance, Marketing, and other key teams across the company
What skills do I need? 📖
- At least 3 years of experience in Analytics, Consulting or Investment Banking experience or 1+ years of work experience and an advanced degree in a quantitative field
- Strong financial modeling & analytical skills, and appreciation for solving complex, unstructured problems
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy, particularly within a global setting
- Strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Excellent SQL skills for querying, fluency with BI/visualization tools for reporting, and expert knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets
- Some experience building data science models to provide deeper insights. Experience with R/Python for statistical analysis is a plus
- Familiarity with Q2C process, sales systems/related tools (Salesforce.com), and reporting
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment
- Bachelor’s degree
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Background working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.