Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Director, Sales - Small Business will be responsible for driving the sales strategy and execution for the North America Small Business regions; partnering cross functionally to ensure the team is working in tandem to achieve goals. This person will continue to create and foster a world-class developmental sales culture.This person will manage a team of several front line managers in our Chicago and San Francisco offices.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Driving the Small Business sales number in North America which includes both new business as well as customer growth teams
- Effectively managing the NAMER small business teams from a place of operational excellence; performance management, effective activity management, sales forecasting, and systems and process adoption
- Providing excellent management to the current sales leaders and hiring and developing new talent as the region expands
- Inspiring and leading the broader sales team spanning across different roles and experience levels
- Effectively managing cross regional and cross functional relationships within Intercom to ensure excellent communication and collaboration
What skills do I need? 📖
- 1-3+ years experience developing inspirational leaders as a Manager of Managers
- 5+ years of proven sales leadership experience
- Experience working in high-growth, performance-focused SaaS sales environment
- Strong analytical abilities and metrics focused leadership skills
- Strong sales acumen, experience within a variety of sales and coaching methodologies and a growth mindset
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously; experience driving cross functional collaborative projects strongly preferred
- A track record of delivering strong results with overall company success as a top priority
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.