Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for a highly experienced Executive Assistant who will be a key strategic partner to our Exec team based in Dublin. This person will also manage our admin team across our two R&D offices (Dublin and London), and will sit within our R&D Operations function.
As an Exec Assistant, you will be required to build a deep knowledge of our R&D org, and understand the goals of our Exec team so you can help them plan and prioritise accordingly. You will naturally think strategically and plan weeks/months ahead to ensure your Execs are always focussed on the most critical things and proactively remove any blockers.
You will also be the line manager of our R&D Admin Team (currently 4) across Dublin and London. You will be responsible for day-to-day people management as well as their longer term growth and career development.
This role would report to the Director of Engineering/R&D Operations.
What will I be doing? 🚀
There are 3 core responsibilities of this role, as outlined below:
Administrative Team Leadership
- You’ll lead and coach executive assistants within our Dublin and London offices;
- You’ll assist in recruiting, training, staffing and overflow workload management of administrative staff; and
- You’ll actively contribute to the growth and development of the team.
Exec-Level Administrative Support
- You will provide Exec-Level support to our CSO and SVP of Product. This will include reporting, planning, scheduling, and organizing tasks to keep their time and attention focused on their most critical goals, projects, and priorities
- You’ll coordinate and facilitate meetings, offsites, including calendaring, agenda management, note taking and logistical support, as back-up to the primary support team;
- You’ll plan and coordinate people, tasks, logistics, events and/or training;
- You’ll provide additional support for leadership, when needed; and
- You’ll be responsible for project and task management for some of the office-wide initiatives.
Project Management & Compliance
- You will support the R&D organisation (specifically R&D Operations team) with projects and yearly planning on R&D operations and rhythms.
- You will work with People Operations and Office Experience teams with contract management, including adherence to contract payment and invoicing schedules;
- You’ll manage contractor agreements and oversee NDA compliance;
- You’ll support and coordinate cross-functional compliance projects and processes; and
- Additional special projects, as assigned.
This is a full-time position. You must be available and willing to occasionally work and answer e-mails outside of office hours, including weekends, when required.
What skills do I need? 📖
- You have 5+ years experience in a strategically administrative role supporting a VP or C-Level executive in a fast-paced work environment
- You have 2+ years of team leadership within an administrative setting, with strong people management skills
- You’re ambitious, self-motivated, always keen to learn and improve
- You’re able to initiate complex, high-level, multi-phase tasks and see them through to completion with minimal assistance
- You have strong oral and written communication skills
- You have a high bar for professionalism, and confidentiality with the ability to exercise good judgment and discretion
- You’ve provided administrative and logistical support for senior leadership and executives
- You’re extremely organized, with a knack for noticing and remembering details and attentive to details
- You’re enthusiastic and eager to help wherever you can
- You’re an expert with Gmail, Google calendar, Google tools, MS Office
- You’re fluent with the internet and internet culture, able to research anything effectively online
- You’re a daily user of mobile software & apps
- You’re able to travel abroad occasionally
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in Ireland is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.