Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Responsible for preparing and reconciling the US bi-weekly payroll using ADP Workforce Now and the international monthly payrolls in Ireland, UK, and Australia for 600+ employees
- Liaise with the international payroll providers to ensure the accuracy, compliance, and timely processing of payroll (Jefferson, Mazars, and Boardroom)
- Own and administer the ADP Time and Attendance system for all non-exempt US employees to ensure timecards are accurately submitted and approved on time
- Provide excellent employee experience as the first point of contact for all Intercomrade payroll inquiries in each region
- Collaborate closely with the People team, Finance team and external payroll partners to not only process payroll, but to also identify and improve payroll workflows
- Ability to run and create (ad-hoc) reports out of ADP on an as-needed basis
- Work with the Finance team on special projects or inquiries regarding payroll
- Process accurate and timely submission of employee 401K deferral changes and contributions using Vanguard
- Research payroll issues independently, demonstrating high analytical ability, knowledge of best practices, and an understanding of federal and state payroll tax and labor laws
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years of US payroll processing experience for small to midsize organizations
- Highly Proficient in Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, and formulas)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or relevant experience
- CPP certification preferred
- Strong systems knowledge, including the ability to quickly learn new systems
- Problem solver, you like to prioritize tasks and get scrappy to resolve last minute issues that arise
- You’re highly self-motivated, have a great work ethic, and can work both autonomously and collaboratively with cross-functional partners.
- Comfortable and energized operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities and adapt to a fluid, high-growth environment
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal) and extremely high-level attention to detail
- Strong knowledge with ADP WFN
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Experience working in a fast growing tech startup
- Experience working with payrolls in Ireland, United Kingdom, and Australia
- Experience with Workday HCM and Payroll
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.