Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Each product designer at Intercom works in a team with a product or marketing manager, 3-5 engineers, and some also work directly with research and analytics. Together they own a part of Intercom, ship solutions to challenging problems and get feedback directly from customers.
We've had designers in key leadership roles, including at the exec level, from the very beginning. This has made design a core foundation of our company's DNA. This means that you'll never have to justify the importance of design.
We genuinely care about people and value kindness in our everyday interactions. You'll be able to be yourself, feel valued, supported, learn and grow no matter how experienced you are.
If you want to learn more about what it's like to work here, check out intercom.design, read what makes us different, and watch a keynote from our CEO talking about our mission, vision and the next chapter of Intercom.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Lead product design on our website alongside teammates from R&D and marketing
- Get great design work shipped quickly to drive our business growth
- Adopt an experimental approach at the intersection of customer problems and business needs, translating these into workflows with high quality interaction and visual design
- Work from clear problems, hypotheses and goals based on research and data
- Explore and refine concepts and narrow to the best solution quickly without losing effort
- Create simple, elegant solutions to complex interaction or information architecture problems
- Iterate based on findings from research, experimentation and feedback from your team
- Work closely with engineers as they build and ship solutions
What skills do I need? 📖
- Experience designing websites—not only utilizing brand to create high quality, beautiful experiences, but also implementing precise and repeatable design solutions that solve complex interaction flows across pages and components
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving through to detailed interaction and visual design
- The ability to design systems, not just interface elements or pages
- The ability to create beautiful high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Figma, Sketch, etc.
- The ability to create detailed prototypes using any tool like Framer, Principle, HTML/CSS/JS, etc.
- Excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals
- Excellent self-starter who can deeply collaborate with others
- A growth mindset. Desire to make things better. A healthy balance of humility and confidence
We're looking for a portfolio that clearly outlines the problems you were tackling with your design work. It should touch on the process you applied to tackling the challenges, rather than focusing just on visuals and landing pages.
What about Relocation? 🇺🇸
- The role is based in San Francisco, which is our HQ. The teams here drive the design of important, core technologies like our Messenger (which is the face of Intercom), onboarding, and purchase
- If you're not living in San Francisco, we'll offer generous relocation assistance for you, your family, and your pets
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.