Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
WE love our culture and WE love our team. As the Workplace Program Manager you will play an essential role in helping our Workplace Experience (WE) and Real Estate teams deliver meaningful experiences at scale within inclusive, high-performance environments so that everyone at Intercom can do their best work, and truly love doing it!
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Reporting to the Director of Real Estate + Workplace, work with regional WE Managers, functional leads (i.e. design and construction, diversity and inclusion, people operations) and company-wide stakeholders to help scope, build, deploy and manage next level Workplace programs: visitor experience, food, events, wellness & wellbeing, brand & voice, sustainability, customer services, onboarding, physical security, forecasting & analytics
- Identify areas of inefficiency for process and technology optimization and propose solutions that can scale and ultimately help us invest our time and money for maximum impact and ROI
- Work with external vendors and our Finance team to develop and maintain departmental dashboards and operational KPIs
- With the support of outside consultants, and in close collaboration with Finance, build, manage and own the global Workplace budget
- Alongside regional Managers and local WE team members, help implement consistent operational standards to both align and localize amazing workplace experiences across our San Francisco, Dublin, Chicago, London and Sydney offices
- Vet and manage third party technology vendors and their solutions
- Maintain and enhance internal team documentation, training resources, systems and tools
- Partner with regional WE Managers to define goals, create roadmaps, and evolve smarter ways of working. Coordinate and lead some global team meetings and offsites
- Through passion, curiosity, creativity, resourcefulness, and serious project management moxie, support Intercom on it’s journey to becoming an iconic product and design-driven company that puts people, relationships and quality first
What skills do I need? 📖
- Proven track record of program development and management success at innovative, fast-paced companies
- Superior organizational, project management, analytical and customer service skills
- Capable of seamlessly managing a large portfolio of global work with cross functional stakeholders and external vendors
- Strong analytical and systems skills. Familiarity with various software tools, such as G-Suite, Coda, Jira, Slack, Notion, etc.
- Well-versed in industry best practices and principles, CRE financial terms and key drivers of modern, effective workplaces. (Not an absolute must, however)
- An ability to anticipate gaps and roadblocks and proactively address them using first principles thinking
- A second nature ability to build trust and respect with colleagues and service partners
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management and the entire employee base
- By delivering tightly-crafted and compelling presentations and comms. Not to belabor this point, but artful communication savvy a must!
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.