Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
This Manager role will oversee the day-to-day running of our Business Partner team in Dublin. Reporting into our Director of Business Partners in Dublin, this is an exciting opportunity to partner closely with R&D leaders in Dublin and have a global impact as part of our Business Partner team.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Be an embedded and strategic thought partner to our Dublin Executives in matters related to organisational planning, employee engagement, employee relations, performance management, etc.
- Contribute to the strategy of the R&D business functions globally; provide input into the overall People Org Strategy and roadmap
- Manage a team of two experienced HR Business partners with the R&D function
- Participate in decision making at the Exec level within the R&D business functions; help the Exes/Leaders and Business Partners think and plan long term
- Translate business needs and goals into personal and team actions
What skills do I need? 📖
- 6+ years experience in a business partner function, preferably in a tech environment in a business partner role, ideally supporting R&D teams (at least 2+ years in a “senior” BP capacity)
- 1+ year experience managing/coaching people in a fast paced company
- Manage and grow a small but mighty high-performing R&D BP team that has a global remit
- Deep commercial understanding and a willingness to share your experience and perspective
- Ability to take business goals/priorities and translate them into initiatives
- Ability to partner closely with COE functions to help execute on people programs and initiatives
- Able to combine great people intuition, business judgement and discretion in your decision-making
- Proven experience in conflict resolution and management practices within a complex and matrixed environment
- Experience providing business partnership and support to a diverse group of leaders and executives
- Successful track record of implementing HR processes, employee resourcing performance management and change management
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal), exemplary client service skills, the ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities and adapt to a fluid, high-growth environment
- Four-year degree or equivalent from an accredited university, highly desired
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch and dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.