Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We are looking for a strategic internal communications manager to join our growing team. This role will be responsible for empowering our employees with the knowledge they need to build our incredible products and services. This new role at Intercom has loads of space for creativity, innovation and opportunity to build structure to how we communicate with one another and how we stay globally connected as we continue to grow.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Build a global roadmap for internal comms and drive execution (e.g., all hands, monthly newsletters, podcasts, fireside chats, external speakers, etc) with the goal of connecting employees and reinforcing Intercom’s values and culture.
- Ensure employee-facing People Programs and policies / procedures are communicated with clarity and empathy
- Partner with and coach teams and executives to create thoughtful written and visual communications
- Partner with VP of People to craft longer form internal communications that highlight and reinforce Intercoms values and culture
- Develop narratives for the People Org (including development of employee value proposition for Intercom alongside the Director of Recruiting)
- Lead and execute on all People Org communication campaigns --- both day-to-day operations and long-term vision and strategy
- Test, track, analyze and report on relevant statistics and conversion rates to establish benchmarks, measure success and continuously improve.
- Intranet page, ensuring the team continues to keep information up to date and reflective of the latest communications
- Craft empathetic communications and FAQ’s in times of change
- Drive communications that lead to positivity and excitement
- Drive and unify our internal communications and collaboration platforms, tools and technology
- Extend and translate internal events, exec profiles, company celebrations to external employer brand communications (including certain social media and partnership channels -- Facebook, Instagram, Glassdoor, linked in, Muse, etc.)
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience in communications (internal or external); high-growth tech experience a plus
- Experience bringing a company’s voice to life in creative ways
- Experience developing comprehensive comms plans with clear objectives, sharp messaging, timelines, and measures of success
- Prior experience partnering and consulting with leadership and executive roles
- Strong project management skills and an ability to juggle and prioritize many projects and deadlines at once
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- You possess emotional intelligence driven by intuition.
- You anticipate the needs of others and work to create an environment of open and honest two-way communications, always ensuring that Intercom’s values are communicated and instilled in the process.
- You are creative and resourceful and have an eye for detail.
- You are able to immerse and acculturate into Intercom’s culture quickly by understanding our business and customers, by quickly learning what matters most, and by building deep relationships with all levels and offices within the company.
- You are an authentic (and even quirky) communicator that uses everyday language to connect with whichever audience you target.
- You are extremely approachable and have a good sense of humor.
- You're a confident communicator, which a deep belief that authenticity will win the day.
- You tackle mistrust or negativity with empathy and positivity and a strong outward belief that this is a great company and it's future is bright
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.