Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As the Manager of Creative Operations (Executive Producer), you will be responsible for building operational excellence of our internal Brand Studio through process and partnerships that both elevate team performance and allow for a culture of creativity and strategic planning. You will also be directly responsible for managing a small team of Producers and will be collaborating with a team of designers, developers, strategists, writers and illustrators who are evolving our brand into something that radically stands out amongst tech companies. We need someone who is willing to take risks with us and your role within Brand Design will play a big part in achieving this.
You will help define our operational strategy and project management processes, creating standards and best practices that improve cross-functional collaboration, workflows, project estimations and long range planning. You are skilled in program management, and have run operations for both a creative agency and in-house design team. You are a change-leader who will work proactively in partnership with our cross- functional teams to deliver high quality and distinctive work on time. You are an expert in process improvement and identifying opportunities to create sustainable and scalable solutions across a diverse range of projects and platforms. This role reports to the Director of Brand Design.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Proactively identify, manage and drive efficiency with key operational processes to ensure creative process is considered and optimized
- Lead and optimize capacity planning for the creative studio, partnering with Marketing leaders to ensure we have proper information to develop solid work forecasts
- Introduce tools or methodologies that help us work more effectively
- Lead and manage a small team of Brand Producers who own the Brand Design team project plan
- Be part of the Design Leads group that works to provide leadership on high-level projects that affect the trajectory of the Brand Design team. These include org design, hiring, career planning, performance reviews, recruiting and individual and team growth.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal partners at Intercom and external vendors, effectively communicate project and workload tradeoffs
- Build a diverse pipeline of external partners and vendors to supplement and support the creative team’s work eg: photographers, video editors, illustrators, animators, freelancers, agencies
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years of experience running Creative Operations in both agency and in-house design studio
- 1+ years managing people in project management/producing roles
- Extensive program management experience on highly complex projects
- Successful track record of successfully delivering multiple projects simultaneously across channels and mediums
- Experience working closely with multi disciplinary creative teams
- Strong knowledge of creative and production workflows for cross functional projects including integrated campaigns, digital, social media, video and print
- Strong relationship building and partnering skills and ability to work with and influence all levels of management to individual contributors. Must be comfortable working with and presenting to C-suite leaders
- Ability to handle ambiguity, can easily adapt as we build and refine our process and team
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.