Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As an Associate Paid Media Manager, SEM you will be a key member of the Paid Digital marketing team and contributing to our business by growing and optimizing Intercom advertising campaigns. You will partner with other team members on strategy and be responsible for media buying and daily campaign management, primarily on Google and Bing. You will partner with the Sr. SEM Manager on rigorous experiments to determine scalable drivers of business impact based on causality. This role will be tightly integrated with our campaigns, content, brand design, and marketing operations functions, and expected to be in close touch with learnings from all other marketing channels. You will have the opportunity to learn performance marketing and demand gen from a leading high growth SaaS startup.
Unfortunately at this time, we are not able to support remote opportunities. This role will be based out of the SF office.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Develop and execute Intercom’s SEM acquisition programs. Perform day to day optimization efforts to meet campaign objectives, including but not limited to: keyword expansion, geo expansion, ad copy creation & testing, bidding updates and landing page testing.
- Partner with the Sr. SEM Manager in creating a multi-quarter growth strategy, testing roadmap, and activating a full funnel acquisition search marketing: strategy, ads, bids, landing pages, & reporting.
- Develop effective bid and optimization strategies, with a process to quickly identify and respond to changes in performance. Deliver profitable growth.
- Track, measure, and report on the global campaign performance metrics.
- Implement A/B testing initiatives in key areas such as ad creatives, landing page messaging, landing page layout, audience segmentation, placements, networks, and 3rd-party tools.
What skills do I need? 📖
- You have a BA/S degree, excellent analytical skills, 3+ years of experience in performance marketing, with 2+ years dedicated to SEM, at-scale.
- You have hands on experience managing paid search budgets - minimum $3M/year, preferably more.
- You live and breathe SEM and broader Direct Response ad industry, stay ahead of cutting-edge trends and emerging channels, and can establish yourself as the in-house subject matter expert.
- You focus on top-of-funnel but understand implications through the entire funnel. You’ll closely inform related efforts such as landing page development, downstream conversion, and referrals.
- You’re a builder, optimizer and an executor, demonstrating a unique ability to launch campaigns from scratch, while always seeking to optimize bidding/targeting/audience strategies. You run a tight ship and take account structure seriously. You ensure that your campaigns adhere to best practices and is always in top-shape.
- Have a proven track record of delivering improvements in ROAS and LTV:CAC across digital marketing channels and campaigns.
- You’re highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic, and can work both autonomously and collaboratively with cross-functional partners.
- Your colleagues describe you as highly organized, analytical, and goal oriented.
- Comfortable and energized operating in a fast-paced environment.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.