The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Head of HR Operations is a key member of the People team in supporting a great employee experience globally! This individual is a strong HR leader who excels in key areas of business processes, operational efficiencies, data management, and systems administration in support of a thoughtful employee experience. This role is strategic and operational and will be responsible for designing, implementing, and optimizing systems and process foundation to support a globally scaling organization.
Reporting to the Director of People Operations, you will play an integral role in supporting and driving global HR processes and operations for Intercom’s rapidly growing team. Driven by operational excellence, the People Operations team enhances and maintains an infrastructure that optimizes the employee experience by utilizing insight and partnering with employees, the broader People team and the business.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Manage and improve processes, workflows and operational efficiencies supporting and impacting the full employee lifecycle globally
- Own and manage our HRIS (Namely) by ensuring the confidentiality, accuracy, security and timely maintenance of People data within our systems and designing audit-proof workflows for change requests and approvals
- Manage a team of coordinators and associates who own the end-to-end support for the everyday lifecycle of employees and be a strong resource for our internal team
- Administer People team systems and tools that support our employee programs such as Reflektive, CultureAmp
- Administer company benefit programs: healthcare, dental, vision, and other benefits
- Lead our immigration and relocation programs, in partnership with legal counsel
- Maintain knowledge of current, local employment laws, best practices and ensure policies and procedures are being updated and that we are compliant and always seeking to improve processes that ensure legal compliance including SOC2
- Collaborate with Accounting to ensure payroll is processed on time and accurately
What skills do I need? 📖
- 6+ years experience in a Human Resources/People Operations function, preferably in a tech start-up environment
- Experience managing a team of 2+ people (global management experience preferred)
- Ability to combine great people intuition, business judgement and discretion in your decision-making
- Experience providing business partnership and support to a diverse group of leaders and managers
- Successful track record of implementing HR processes and operations
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal), exemplary client service skills, the ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities and adapt to a fluid, high-growth environment and excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of HR compliance regulations, employment laws, and industry best practices
- Deep comfort level with technical systems and software, experience with Namely a plus
- Proven track record of supporting management to ensure strong employee relations
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.