The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Head of Sales will be responsible for driving the sales strategy and execution for the North America regions; partnering cross functionally to ensure the entire GTM team is working in tandem to achieve goals. This person will continue to create and foster a world-class developmental sales culture.This person will manage a team of several second line managers and front line managers in our San Francisco office.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Driving the entire “core” (SMB+MidMkt) sales owned revenue number in North America which includes both new business as well as customer retention and growth
- Effectively managing the NAMER business from a place of operational excellence; performance management, effective activity management, sales forecasting, and systems and process adoption
- Providing excellent management to the current sales leaders and hiring and developing new talent as the region expands
- Inspiring and leading the broader sales team spanning across different roles and experience levels
- Effectively managing cross regional and cross functional relationships within Intercom to ensure excellent communication and collaboration
What skills do I need? 📖
- 3+ years experience developing inspirational leaders as a Manager of Managers
- 7+ years of proven sales leadership experience
- Experience working in high-growth, performance-focused SaaS sales environment
- Strong analytical abilities and metrics focused leadership skills
- Strong sales acumen, experience within a variety of sales and coaching methodologies and a growth mindset
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously; experience driving cross functional collaborative projects strongly preferred
- A track record of delivering strong results with overall company success as a top priority
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.