The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for a Podcast Editor to join our Content team in Dublin. This is a key role on the team and will be responsible for one of the fastest growing mediums at a company that has continually invested in content as a key marketing channel.
Launched in 2015, the Inside Intercom podcast has been hugely successful at bringing the Intercom brand to a wider audience. Last year the show passed 1 million downloads, and guests have included senior leaders from companies we admire and respect like Facebook, Twitter, Stripe, Slack, Dropbox and Shopify.
We think there’s a huge opportunity to drive greater awareness of Intercom amongst our target markets by investing even more in audio content. We’re now looking for an experienced editorial storyteller who is passionate about technology and the people who build it, to head up those efforts. This role will be fully resourced e.g. you’ll be supported by an experienced producer who manages the actual audio recording and editing so you can focus on creating compelling content. You’ll also be encouraged to innovate and try new formats; from audio books to newsletters, we’re always looking to experiment with things that can move the needle for our business.
What will I be doing? 🚀
As Podcast Editor you will be:
- Identifying external guests and internal subject matter experts for our podcast, and scheduling them for the show.
- Matching podcast guests with Intercom experts who are best suited to interview them, or interviewing guests yourself in a manner that reflects the Intercom voice & tone
- Promoting our podcast, in partnership with other functions like Social Media and Demand Generation, as well as ensuring it amplifies other marketing campaigns and activities like product launches.
- Finding creative ways to test new audio formats or repurpose audio content into written content to grow our audience.
- Coaching and training Intercom team members on podcast hosting, interviewing and research.
- Reporting to the rest of the business on the reach and impact of our podcast.
What skills do I need? 📖
- Minimum 3 years experience developing stories and editorial content for radio, podcasts, or other multimedia formats.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal)
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
- Knowledge of, and passion for, the software industry. Even better if you've worked in tech.
- The ability to adapt in a fluid, high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- Team player with a sense of ownership and "get things done" approach.
- Basic audio editing and recording skills (you’ll be supported by an experienced producer who turns the raw audio into a polished listen).
- Video experience a plus
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch and dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.