The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We are looking for our first Global Talent Development leader at Intercom! The Head of Talent Development will develop and lead the global People Development Team and the global Talent Management function. These teams will create, educate, advise and influence business leaders on organizational and learning development solutions.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Build and create the Talent Development Center of Excellence (COE)
- Innovate, design and drive end to end ownership and program management for all talent programs outside of compensation (e.g., Onboarding, Performance Management, Talent Reviews, Employee engagement survey and planning, succession planning etc)
- Own and align the global L&D strategy and offerings to Intercom’s business goals and challenges
- Work to identify, develop and retain key talent groups at Intercom
- Manage and grow a small but mighty high-performing L&D team and program management team
- Partner closely with the HRBP function to advise and consult with leaders on Organizational Development issues and initiatives at the individual (e.g. Coaching), Team (e.g. Team effectiveness work) and Organizational (e.g. Org design) levels
- Partner closely with the HRBP function and broader People function to implement global programs (and improve programs overtime), and to provide guidance/coaching to HRBP’s on organization specific issues, needs and talent/team/Org solutions
What skills do I need? 📖
- A strong communicator. The successful candidate will have maturity and empathy to resolve potential issues when working with multiple personalities.
- Able to bring, through past successes and build immediate credibility as an extremely capable business leader and expert in the Talent Management, OD and L&D disciplines
- Willingness to experiment, challenge assumptions and create new and innovative practices
- Able to balance the role of strategist with urgency while simultaneously managing delivering results in a growing and very fast-paced environment
- Emotional intelligence with a track record of attracting, developing and retaining, a world-class talent and team
- Analytically and operationally minded and be able to map, own and drive processes and programs from start to finish
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Advanced degree in Organizational Development, Education, IO Psychology
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.