The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
This role is supporting our SVP, Marketing in San Francisco with all of his administrative needs. We're building something really incredible here at Intercom, on every dimension: the team, the people, the product, the business growth, the ambition, the opportunity.
What will I be doing? 🚀
This is a dynamic role for which there will never be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, especially as the role grows and evolves - both with the company and as a result of individual growth within the role. That said, the following things will often be on your to-do list:
- Directly support our SVP, Marketing by deeply understanding their goals and ensuring that their time is organized accordingly
- Provide administrative support, including calendar management involving high-volume/complexity, frequent reprioritization of meetings, cross-functional project management, travel
- Own all planning and management around team events including recurring weekly and quarterly team meetings, team off-sites, and global sales kick offs
- Help out with recruiting, managing and organizing candidate pipelines, and onboarding new people into the team
- Inform of employee updates and milestones, including birthdays, sub-team celebrations, and work anniversaries
This is a full-time position. You must be available and willing to occasionally work and answer e-mails outside of general office hours, including weekends, when required.
What skills do I need? 📖
The ideal candidate will be obsessively organized, but with a creative, problem-solving edge. They will seek information beyond what is plainly presented to them, with an aim to wholly understand the goals of the leaders they support. They will actively find ways to be helpful in executing these goals.
- 3+ years experience supporting executives in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to initiate complex, high-level, multi-phase tasks and see them through to completion with minimal assistance
- High bar for professionalism, attention to detail, and confidentiality
- Acutely familiar with Gmail, Google calendar, Google drive, and other productivity software like Slack, Basecamp, Trello
- Always very calm under pressure, in high intensity, or ambiguous environments.
- Deeply values being resourceful, being an owner, and hustles to get work completed
- (BONUS) A strong interest in technology, some experience in this area
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.