The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is looking for our first Global Compensation, Benefits & Equity leader! We are looking for an experienced person to manage and grow our compensation team. In this role you will build our Compensation Philosophy and Program in the design, delivery, execution and measurement for our global workforce. You will be empowered to grow and manage a team of total rewards managers and associates and strategically partner with key stakeholders. This is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of a new team focused on inspiring the trajectory of our growing, global workforce.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Lead the design, building and scaling of Total Rewards programs, including the philosophy and structure, incentive plans, benefits strategy, and equity programs focused on attracting and retaining key talent across an increasingly diverse business and workforce.
- Influence global compensation philosophy, guiding principles and programs by owning and articulating the specific needs and market practices of each geography (SF, Chicago, Ireland, UK and Australia).
- Partner with executives, leaders and People Ops Business Partners on business specific compensation strategies.
- Define and track key metrics to analyze compensation program trends and effectiveness, drive strategic design decisions based on data.
- Lead the design and building of global consistent job architecture and leveling across the company.
- Build a strategic partnership with market/region specific stakeholders to deepen understanding of market trends and factors impacting talent attraction and retention.
- Mentor, inspire and grow the Total Rewards and Compensation team.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 8+ years experience in the Compensation field, ideally in a fast-growing, global tech company (major plus if deep experience in SF and EMEA).
- 5+ years experience designing, developing, managing and facilitating total rewards programs with demonstrated competency and experience in areas of compensation including job evaluation methodologies, market evaluation, bonus/incentive and commission plan development, and legal/regulatory implications.
- Experience building equity programs, ranging from early-stage to IPO stage.
- Must be comfortable with creating and updating comp structures, data submissions and analysis, comp analysis, testing and reporting.
- Must have experience with benefits strategies and implementation.
- Robust knowledge of international compensation programs from market positioning to administrative details.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to build relationships and credibility with business leaders and present well formulated points of view.
- An experienced people manager with the ability to build and manage a team of junior and experienced professionals.
- Be a highly collaborative leader and great partner who focuses on doing the right thing to take care of our people and support the growth of the business.
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage changing priorities, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and adapt to a changing business environment, and exceptional independent problem solving skills.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.