The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We are looking for a driven Payroll Accountant in San Francisco to help build world class payroll accounting processes. This role will manage and improve our payroll activities, working closely with our internal stakeholders (our employees, People Ops, Finance, IT) and external stakeholders (payroll service providers, benefit brokers, government agencies, etc), to ensure that all our employees are paid accurately and on time every pay period.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Full ownership of our United States payroll process for both our San Francisco and Chicago offices
- Work with our People Operations team to ensure our HRIS (Namely) provides the right information in the best way for payroll integration and reporting
- Review, analyze and improve the current payroll process, benefits (related to payroll) and tax procedures
- Translate payroll information into the journal entries and ensure proper accounting
- Responsible for presenting draft payroll files to Accounting Manager for approval on semi-monthly basis, including highlighting key variations and enabling spot checks of data
- Responsible for maintaining secure and accurate filing of payroll reports for audit purpose
- Manage 401K deferrals and audit
- Manage all employee payroll queries and communication, including the Payroll inbox and Slack channels
What skills do I need? 📖
- 2+ years of experience working as a payroll accountant
- Experience with United States payroll
- Experience using an HRIS and its integration with ADP
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now or similar payroll softwares
- Experience tracking and managing timesheets
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- General knowledge of Payroll laws and regulations (including U.S. exempt and non-exempt laws)
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment in a geographically dispersed team
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.