The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Business Operations works on the highest impact business problems we face. As we grow, we are looking for an experienced leader to run the global Business Operations team. This is a highly cross-functional role, interfacing directly with the most senior levels of our Sales, Marketing, R&D and Executive teams. Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who is a strong business and people leader and has a proven track record of high business impact and creativity.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Leading, growing, and coaching the Business Operations Managers and Associates.
- Developing the strategic priorities for the Business Operations team.
- Driving key strategic projects and insights across the highest levels of the company.
- Some examples of the kinds of projects you and the team would be driving:
- Developing a company level articulation of our long-term strategy, working directly with the executive team.
- Working with cross-functional leaders to develop winning strategies for all top company goals and initiatives.
- Developing frameworks to help prioritize R&D initiatives (e.g. with input from Sales, Marketing, Finance).
What skills do I need? 📖
- 8+ years of professional experience.
- 5+ years of operating experience within a technology company, with any mix of Finance, Growth, Operations, Product, Strategy experience.
- 3+ years of experience managing, hiring and scaling teams.
- A strong and inspiring communicator to both the team and senior executive cross-functional partners.
- Ability to structure and present complex topics into easy-to-understand narratives.
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with Excel, Google Docs and PowerPoint.
- An in depth understanding of the SaaS business model and metrics.
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Experience managing managers.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.