The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
About the role: We’re looking for an experienced content marketer, copywriter or editor to join our team for a 6 month contract covering maternity leave. You’ll be partnering closely with our Campaigns and Brand Design teams to produce guides, white papers, microsites and anything else that’s needed to help nurture leads into loyal customers.
This is an ideal opportunity for a freelance or contract worker who wants to embed themselves with one of the best content marketing teams in the business but maintain their flexible working arrangements. The role is based in our San Francisco office although there is the possibility of combining remote and office-based working. Although we can’t guarantee a full time position at the end of the contract, we regularly use contractors so we’d like to think this could be the start of a steady relationship.
About the Team: You’ll be working as part of our content team who produce the award winning Inside Intercom blog, our weekly podcast, as well as our books and guides (NewsCred recognised us as one of the top 50 content marketing brands in the world in 2018). We pride ourselves on publishing high quality material and aren't interested in doing content marketing by the numbers, so we promise this won’t be boring.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Lead significant standalone projects that will materially impact Intercom’s bottom line
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the content team as well as building relationships with relevant subject matter experts across the company
- You’ll be focused on Campaigns (think “special projects” like the History of Messaging or The Next Chapter) but will get to work on a variety of editorial content - from ghost writing bylines to editing blog posts, publishing books to interviewing guests for podcasts
- Ensure everything you produce embodies the Intercom voice and tone and meets our high bar for quality
What skills do I need? 📖
- Proven first class writing ability. You produce engaging, accurate copy even under time pressure. You know how to make a story compelling and craft a headline that gets clicks
- Team player. You love collaboration with other editors and helping the rest of the team tell their stories
- You thrive when working under pressure and with tight deadlines
- 3+ years in an editorial role
- Passion for technology and genuine curiosity about software products
- A qualification in journalism/communications/creative writing would be advantageous but not essential
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.