The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support products, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As our customer base continues to grow around the world, so does our Customer Support team - in fact, we’re expecting to double it this year.
We’re looking for a great People Leader to join our 15 existing Leaders worldwide across our Sydney, Dublin, Chicago and San Francisco Offices.
You will be managing a high performing team of Customer Support Representatives and Engineers while managing all aspects of delivering an exceptional customer experience. Now is a great time to join - Intercom is experiencing a high rate of growth and you have the opportunity to jump on this rocketship to have real impact and be recognised!
Our way of providing support is based on the principles of continuity and trust and our style of communication is personal, friendly and fun. We are big fans of visual communication (think emojis, stickers, GIFs) - we believe that visual support is human support!
What will I be doing? 🚀🚀
- This role is critical to our company’s mission, as you will be onboarding, developing, and supporting our CS team, who in turn supports our customers globally.
- Refining your people leadership and project management expertise in an exciting tech company alongside an ambitious team of people leaders.
- You will help us solve a real need for leadership and in turn we will help you take your skills to the next level through training, support and mentorship from your manager Kaitlin Pettersen and by working in close partnership with our current Sydney Manager Jason Ball
Intercom is a high growth environment and you will thrive here if you’re resilient, love supporting and developing people through change, and are able to provide systems and strategies to be successful and support your contributors in a meaningful way.
What skills do I need? 📖
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a role where you directly led and managed people
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and inspire
- Experience working in a Customer facing role
- Previous experience managing a team to metrics and hosting regular performance reviews
- Comprehensive knowledge of the technology industry
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- University level Degree
- Background in a SaaS or technology company
- Previous experience scaling a customer support organization
- Regular career progression within a Company
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up.
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen.
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it.
- Healthcare stipend towards private health insurance for you and your partner/spouse.
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.