The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As a Senior Manager, Sales Operations, you’ll have an exciting opportunity to influence the trajectory of Intercom's overall business, partner with our senior leaders, and take on an operating role with an exciting and fast growing company that aims to fundamentally change the way companies interact with their customers.
In this role, you will lead a team of junior members to help drive the creation and execution of revenue plans, design & maintain core sales processes, and assess key metrics to enhance overall productivity of the Sales organization. You will play an important role in guiding strategic & operational initiatives, both at the global and regional levels, and ultimately help scale our business in an effective way.
We’re looking for a genuine and proactive leader, who is able to embrace ambiguity and approach business problems in a data-driven and structured manner. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and collaborate to create solutions to problems that have never been tackled before.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Lead a growing team of 2-3 Sales Operations members across a variety of key Sales Operations responsibilities
- Partner closely with various levels of leadership globally to develop actionable, measurable projects that accelerate sales growth (new & existing business) and improve existing sales processes & operations
- Guide regional/segment-level forecasting (reporting, pipeline management, renewals process) for the sales organization
- Drive changes to our sales technology that result in improvements in sales productivity
- Establish strong working relationships with other cross-functional partners (e.g. customer support, marketing and finance) to improve overall operations and how the company goes to market
What skills do I need? 📖
- 6+ years experience in Sales Operations; start-up & SaaS experience preferred
- Strong analytical and conceptual problem-solving abilities
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy, particularly within a global setting
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Familiarity and comfort with Q2C process, sales systems/related tools (Salesforce.com), and reporting
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment
- Experience effectively managing a team of 2-3 individuals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Background working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- MBA/MS or equivalent with specialization in operations, finance, mathematics, business or related field of study.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.