The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We are looking for a strong technical Global Payroll Accountant covering our offices in San Francisco, Chicago, Dublin, London, and Sydney - over 500 employees in 4 employing country entities, with 5 payrolls per month. The Global Payroll Accountant will be part of the Finance team based in San Francisco.
This role will manage and implement all global payroll activities, working closely with our internal stakeholders (our employees, People Ops, Finance, IT) and external stakeholders (payroll service providers, benefit brokers, government agencies, etc), to ensure that all our employees are paid accurately and on time every month.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Full ownership of the payroll process for our Global operations
- Work with our People Operations team to ensure our HRIS (Namely) provides the right information in the best way for payroll integration and reporting
- Review, analyze and improve the current payroll process, benefits (related to payroll) and tax procedures
- Ensure that HR data is delivered in a timely manner to our payroll service provider for 4 countries with a high degree of accuracy
- Responsible for presenting draft payroll files to Accounting Manager for approval on monthly basis, including highlighting key variations and enabling spot checks of data
- Responsible for maintaining secure and accurate filing of payroll reports for audit purpose
- Manage all employee payroll queries and communication, including the Payroll inbox and Slack channels
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years of experience working with outsourced payroll or managing in house payroll
- Multi-country payroll experience, including United States, Ireland, UK and Australia
- Experience using an HRIS and its integration with payroll
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now or similar payroll softwares
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- General knowledge of Payroll laws and regulations (including U.S. exempt and non-exempt laws)
- Experience setting up new country payrolls (nice to have)
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment in a geographically dispersed team
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!