The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As an Account Manager on the High Velocity team, you’ll work with a few hundred of Intercom’s mid-size customers to drive expansion, retention, and success at scale and through 1:1 account management. Each Account Manager works with a “book” of customers whose spend totals in the millions, and each member of this team has an opportunity to meaningfully impact our business from day one.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Drive expansion and prevent churn as an account manager owning a book of a few hundred Intercom customers
- Use innovative outreach strategies and data to engage customers at scale
- Gather customer feedback and work cross-functionally to inform product strategy and roadmap
- Develop sales negotiation and account management skills in a fast-moving, high velocity environment
- Develop best practices as an early member of the fast-growing team (think “startup within a startup”)
- Track and report all key metrics related to customer retention and Intercom product usage growth
What skills do I need? 📖
- Required: 1-3 years sales/ account management experience with at least 1 year in a closing role (SaaS preferred)
- Customer-focused approach to sales in a startup environment
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Growth mindset, intellectually curious and ambitious
- Ability to manage time efficiently, as well as a high volume of customers
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!