The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Salesforce Engineer will work alongside multiple groups to create custom solutions to automate the most complex of processes in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be a people-person who has a very strong passion in building highly scalable, effective, user-experience driven solutions. We are looking for a talented and energetic Systems Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of the Salesforce development platform, API integrations, and general web application development.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Work with Sales, Support, Product and other groups to identify areas of improvement and architect technical solutions
- Translate requirements into development needs while assessing what can be configured/bought and what should be custom developed
- Maintain our Salesforce.com code-base, constantly finding areas to be improved to enhance user experience and re-factored to minimize technical debt
- Collaborate with other groups to build integrations and adopt the best engineering standards as well as helping establish best practices for the systems team
- Collaborate with multiple teams including Sales, Sales Ops and the rest of the Systems team team when necessary to troubleshoot and debug advanced technical issues that may span across systems
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ Years of Salesforce development platform, Apex programming language, and Visualforce (experience with Lightning will be a strong plus)
- Proficient with at least a one other common language, preferably Ruby on Rails, Java, Python, or Node
- Familiarity with the following: Salesforce Developer Console / Workbench / API Tooling (REST preferred), Visual Workflow, and other development tools
- Understanding of CI/CD Tools (SalesforceDX, etc.) a plus
- Experience with integrating 3rd-party APIs with the Salesforce platform
- Understanding of Salesforce test framework, test-driven development (TDD), and iterative development
- Familiar with Salesforce Administration: configuration, standard data model, security, and automations such as validation rules, workflows, and process flows
- Thorough understanding of the constraints of Salesforce platform, particularly with regards to governor limits and best practices in delivering business requirements in the context of those constraints
- Salesforce Developer I certification (formerly 401DEV) preferred
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!