The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As an Email Marketing Manager at Intercom, you’ll be a key member of a growing team, working closely with partners across Intercom to build, review and implement effective and engaging prospect messaging initiatives. You will ensure that every prospect has a personalized and relevant experience, guiding them to the next step in the funnel. You’ll be a guardian of Intercom’s tone and voice, and make sure that every message reflects positively on the company. You’ll partner with other teams across marketing to understand our prospect lifecycle, and use that insight to create and execute a holistic prospect messaging strategy that drives business impact.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Be an internal expert on our prospect messaging and nurture — from managing our database, to writing email content, running experiments, and reporting on results
- Partner with other marketing teams to build a deep understanding of our prospects, positioning and content offers. Build a tailored messaging campaigns strategy that effectively engage with our prospects throughout the funnel and drives revenue
- Leverage prospect data and analytics to create highly targeted prospect audiences — ensure that all messages are sent to the right people at the right place and the right time
- Measure the impact of prospect messaging programs, report on findings, optimize existing campaigns and propose new high impact campaigns to build
- Have a deep understanding of Intercom’s tone and voice and make sure that all prospect messages are on brand and well-written. Partner with other teams to make sure their messages and targeting are on-brand as well.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 3-5 years of relevant marketing experience
- Strong writer with demonstrable experience creating compelling direct response marketing copy - especially for email
- Thorough understanding of prospect marketing and nurture — experience creating, deploying, and optimizing complex automated marketing campaigns
- Ability to work cross functionally within marketing and beyond, including with technical and operational partners
- Extensive experience managing and running Marketo or similar marketing automation software. Experience with Intercom a plus.
- Clear, thoughtful, and organized communicator
- Acute attention to detail
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!