The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What will I be doing? 🚀
🤗About the Team: The Intercom Admin Team is different to most. We all sit together with our Executives, plus have a dedicated people manager to support our career development and wellbeing. We’re a solid crew, who collaborate and support each other, celebrating every success along the way!
😊About the Role: This is a dynamic Executive Assistant role, providing administrative support to our CSO and Co-Founder. Your hunger for all things tech will be well matched by research for the CSO on the latest internet trends. You’ll also have the opportunity to make an impact on the global admin team. There will never be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, especially as the company evolves and you grow with it. That said, the following things will often be on your to-do list:
- Directly support the CSO and anticipate their needs by deeply understanding their goals and ensuring time is organized appropriately
- Provide administrative support including calendar management involving high-volume/complexity, frequent reprioritization of meetings and the ability to strategically prioritize access to your Executive, in collaboration with the global Admin team
- Skillfully and compassionately ensure your Executive has protected focus or personal time
- Provide research support on a variety of topics from the latest tech trends or speaking opportunities
- Managing information with the utmost discretion and confidentiality
- Keeping ahead of inbox management, understanding Executive tone and personal brand, ensuring the CSO is on top of all communications
- Organically grow strong, collaborative relationships with your Executives reports and wider R&D, Admin, Recruiting and Leadership teams
- Book global travel (flights and hotels), coordinating and preparing clear details to ensure a seamless experience
- Acting as a proxy for your Executive when unavailable, including privileged access to meetings, people and information at the highest levels
- Inform your Exec of employee updates and milestones, including performance reviews, birthdays, sub-team celebrations, and work anniversaries
- Miscellaneous tasks, some will be personal in nature
Now and then, this full time position will require working and answering e-mails outside of office hours
What skills do I need? 📖
You’re inclusive by nature and obsessively organised, but with a creative, problem-solving attitude. You seek information because you get a buzz out of knowing what makes things and people tick. You’re approachable, positive and collaborative, always assuming best intent and willing to work hard to ensure the success of those around you. Your concept of a good day, is being up-to-speed with the latest happenings in the tech industry. This role is the right fit if you’re an empathetic Executive Assistant who enjoys working with people and product equally.
You should also have:
- 8+ years Executive Assistant experience supporting a VP, C-Level or Leadership
- Ability to initiate complex, high-level, multi-phase tasks and see them through to completion with minimal assistance and complete unflappability!
- High bar for professionalism and discretion, with buckets of innate empathy
- Capability and desire to flex communication style to meet different stakeholder needs
- Unbelievable organisational skills and a curiosity to improve processes
- Acutely familiar with Gmail, Google calendar, Google drive, and other productivity software like Slack, Basecamp, Trello
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- A strong interest in technology and some experience in this area
- Have a Bachelor's degree
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- Mindfulness and Mental Health Programme
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gen