The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What’s the opportunity? 🤔
😊About the role: We’re looking for an experienced SEO professional who will take Intercom’s web presence to the next level by shaping our organic growth strategy, including significantly accelerating our search traffic and finding new distribution channels for our content. We are looking for an expert audience builder who can drive the next stage of our growth by increasing awareness and engagement among our target segments and partners. The successful candidate will obsess over growing our audience, our leads and ultimately our paying customers.
🤗About the Team: You’ll be working as part of our content team who produce the award winning Inside Intercom blog, our weekly podcast, as well as our books and guides. You will be partnering closely with them to help design and build content that connects with our target audience and, as a result, drives the right traffic to our site and to our blog, driving ongoing improvements in organic revenue growth.
As Intercom’s SEO expert you’ll be building out a centre of excellence which will partner with other relevant teams like Product Education, who publish all our customer focused content, and Demand Generation, who own our marketing site.
What will I be doing? 🚀
As SEO Manager you will:
- Develop and execute a strategy to grow high-quality organic traffic to Intercom.
- Have a particular focus on the Inside Intercom blog but also collaborate with teams across the business to ensure content on Intercom web properties is optimized for SEO.
- Conduct keyword research and review industry intelligence to identify the biggest content opportunities for Intercom.
- You will ensure SEO is baked into our process of content creation.
- Regularly report on the impact of your work to the rest of the business.
- Identify and review technical SEO issues and recommend fixes.
- Direct off-page optimization projects (e.g. link-building)
- Work with colleagues in social media and demand generation to optimize our integrated marketing campaigns.
- Understand the customer journey: how they make buying decisions and who are the influencers in the space that we can work with to distribute our content
What skills do I need? 📖
- Proven experience as an SEO Manager or similar role
- Knowledge of standard and current SEO practices
- Be a pro at Google Analytics and comfortable with other analytics tools (Tableau would be a distinct advantage).
- Familiarity with relevant SEO tools (e.g. Google Search Console, SEMRush, AHREFS, Screaming Frog, MOZ) and publishing platforms (e.g. WordPress)
- Experience managing agencies would be a distinct advantage
- BSc/BA in Marketing, Business or related field would be advantageous but not essential
- Proof of eligibility to work in Ireland
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- Mindfulness and Mental Health Programme
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race