What's the opportunity? 🤔
We are looking for iOS engineers to develop our iOS Messenger SDK.
Millions of people use Intercom’s mobile SDKs to talk to businesses. Our mission is to make internet business personal — we created the first in-app messenger in 2011, and today our messenger touches over 1 billion unique people. This is an opportunity to fundamentally shape how businesses interact with customers across the world.
As a Product Engineer, you will build new product features and APIs for our iOS Messenger SDK and work with a cross-disciplinary team to drive forward high-priority mobile engineering work.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Build new features and APIs for our iOS SDK, collaborating with other engineers on your team to produce simple and operationally sound software
- Develop technical plans and contribute to our technical architecture as we grow
- Design and document APIs that allow thousands of developers to seamlessly integrate Intercom into their mobile apps
- Own the technical bar for the iOS SDK, from enforcing best practices to unit testing to CI and our release process
- Ship early and often. Engineers at Intercom care about agility as much as we care for scalability and availability. We ship updates to our mobile messenger SDKs weekly, with new features protected behind feature flags. Our APIs and web apps are deployed to production over 200 times per weekday
- Grow your team’s capacity by mentoring other engineers and interviewing candidates. This is a chance to be an integral part of building and growing a team
What skills do I need? 📖
- 2+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role
- Knowledge of Objective-C or Swift, iOS APIs and design patterns
- 1+ years of experience in building iOS apps or SDKs
- Experience collaborating directly with product teams and designers, and a proven track record of delivering value to customers or users. Engineers at Intercom are pragmatists who work closely with others on cross-disciplinary teams
- Experience building and maintaining server-side APIs. Engineers at Intercom solve problems from start to finish - we don’t confine ourselves to writing code in one part of the stack. Engineers working on our mobile messengers frequently ship changes to our backend
About the Intercom iOS Messenger SDK 📱
- Our iOS Messenger SDK is integrated in thousands of iOS apps
- We’ve got a great CI setup with extensive unit test coverage using XCTestCase and Kiwi. UI tests are done using Calabash
- We make heavy use of Cocoapods to distribute our app both publicly and for our own internal pods.
- We ship new updates to the SDK every week
- Join us and change any of the above — we believe in using the right tool for the job and avoiding dogma
The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!