The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for someone to create educational product videos that will show and tell our customers how to work better using Intercom. This is an exciting opportunity to meaningfully impact our customers’ experience with Intercom.
What will I be doing? 🚀
You’ll help make our customers successful by teaching them about the products Intercom builds. You’ll work closely with our product, sales and marketing teams to create and update educational screencasts about our products. These will be seen thousands of times a month by our users. You’ll also create and deliver live webinars about Intercom, and occasionally produce written documentation.
You’ll work on the entire video production process from end to end; scripting, recording, editing, publishing, taking feedback, iterating and measuring impact. As our products evolve and get better every day, you’ll own updating our video content to reflect that.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to not only adapt to our production process, but also raise our bar by bringing new skills and creativity to the process.
What skills do I need? 📖
- You have 1+ years experience in visual communications, marketing, design or similar
- You have experience editing video/screencasts, and you’ve got examples you’re proud of to show us
- You have a talent for simplifying and explaining abstract concepts
- You’re a calm and confident public speaker. We care deeply about this one. Although not a requirement, if you have any examples on video, we’d love to see them
- You write clearly, succinctly and with empathy
- Your creativity, visual design skills, and attention to detail all shine through in the presentations, videos, and screencasts you create. You have experience with Adobe Photoshop or similar, with a willingness to learn more
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- You’ve created digital course materials before.
- You’ve delivered lectures or training.
- You’ve partnered closely with product management or engineering teams before.
- You’ve done voice-overs (or spoken on tv/radio), and have examples to show us.
- You have experience using audio recording equipment, and have examples to show us.
- You have experience working with motion graphics (e.g., After Effects), and have examples to show us.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday. There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.