The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is on a mission to make Internet business more personal. The role we’re looking to fill is a career defining opportunity for someone passionate about this mission as well as product management who wants to lead a world-class team of engineers, designers, and researchers in Dublin. The product you’ll help to build and shape touches millions of users in the business messaging space every single day. Your job will be to help businesses drive customer engagement, deliver better support, and enhance productivity, all while making the experience feel more fun, connected and personal.
What will I be doing? 🤔
You will be the Product Manager for our Product Services group. The Product Services group has a mission to force multiply product development; enabling teams within Intercom to build product quickly and safely. Their core responsibilities are
- ensuring our core data services are available, scalable and robust
- partner in supporting and initiating new product features to meet our customer needs
- building out a set of components that make our product teams move lightening fast.
As part of this role you will be
- Deeply focused on the user and consider anything we build based on the customer value it can deliver.
- Understand our business strategy and deliver product that reflects a uniquely Intercom perspective on how to achieve it
- Manage the roadmap: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- Deeply know the problems that you’re tackling through research and regular interaction with customers & product teams; define and frame those problems for the team
- Collaborate with your team & other PMs in thinking big, to imagining future solutions that solve these problems
- Partner with Engineering Managers across the group to scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state that helps product ship to customers as early as possible
- Constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures
- Own and maintain the quality of the product areas your team are responsible for; deliver world-class software in every release.
- Motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
What skills do I need? 📖
- Multiple years experience in a Product Manager role or equivalent experience
- Experience working with back-end teams on core challenges of scalability, availability & building out robust services that can be consumed by product teams & customers
- Experience working on product & user facing teams. You’ve been on the front line, with a team of designers & engineers, working directly with customers to understand what to build and how to build it
- You’re deeply collaborative, partnering with other Product Managers to deliver well scoped solutions that solve the customer problem.
- Be a clear communicator of product decisions and the rationale behind them. Be comfortable in making decisions without consensus. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive.
- Be able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.