The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the Opportunity 🤔
In this role you will be a partner and a right hand to our Chief Marketing Officer, working with our Marketing leadership team, learning about the business and having exposure to high-level decision making that impacts the entire company. Your curiosity will help you grow in this role and find new and better ways of getting things done, and strive to have a greater impact on the team and company.
What will I be doing? 🚀
This is a dynamic, creative role, especially as the opportunities grow and evolve both with the company and as a result of individual performance within the role. While this is not an exhaustive list, the following things will often be on your to-do list:
- Directly support the Chief Marketing Officer and Senior Leaders within Marketing and anticipate their needs by deeply understanding their goals and ensuring that their time is organized accordingly
- Provide administrative support including calendar management involving high-volume/complexity, frequent reprioritization of meetings, cross-functional project management, and the ability to strategically prioritize access to your executives, in collaboration with the global EA team.
- Own all planning and management around team events including recurring weekly and quarterly team meetings, team offsites, and hackathons
- Book global travel (flights and hotels) and coordinating and preparing clear details to ensure a seamless experience for the traveler
- Collaborate with recruiting, managing and organizing candidate pipelines, and onboarding new people into the team
- Inform the leaders of employee updates and milestones, including performance reviews, birthdays, sub-team celebrations, and work anniversaries
This is a full-time position. You must be available and willing to occasionally work and answer e-mails outside of general office hours, including weekends, when required.
What skills do I need? 📖
The ideal candidate will be organically organized, creative, perceptive, with a positive disposition and solution-oriented workstyle. They will be curious, dynamic and ambitious for excellence, both with the company and in their personal career goals.
- 8+ years experience supporting executives in a fast-paced work environment
- Deeply values being resourceful, an owner and hustles to get work completed
- Ambitious, self-motivated, always keen to learn and improve
- Able to initiate complex, high-level, multi-phase tasks and see them through to completion with minimal assistance
- Acutely familiar with Gmail, Google calendar, Google drive, and other productivity software like Slack, Basecamp, Trello
- Fluent with the internet and internet culture, able to research anything effectively online
- Well versed in working with little direction and creating solutions
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- A strong interest in technology and some experience in this area
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race