The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What’s the opportunity? 🤔
Our mission is to help Internet businesses and their customers interact in a way that mirrors real-world customer experience: personal, human, and fun. We were founded by designers with a deep understanding of how to build products, and have shared our experiences via our blog and books. We are now one of the world’s fastest-growing SaaS companies.
We’re looking for an experienced designer to join the Intercom Brand Studio. Someone who can play a key role in continuing to push our brand into new territory. You’ll work on projects spanning digital, print, physical goods, event design and a bunch of other stuff we haven’t thought up yet. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the best designers, developers, marketers, content strategists, and researchers in the industry.
The team is already doing a lot of great things, but we still have our best work in front of us. We’re a tight knit group with a diverse set of experiences and backgrounds who value working with people who can bring fresh perspective to design problems. This will be an opportunity to really push yourself creatively and to take a few risks.
What will I be doing? 🚀
• Work collaboratively with other designers, illustrators, marketers, producers and engineers across the company
• Conceptualize and craft beautiful experiences that push every aspect of what Intercom does to new heights
• Manage and prioritize a workload of multiple projects from concept to completion
• Present work to key stakeholders with the ability to effectively communicate your ideas and defend your decisions
• Be a voice for the Intercom brand both internally and externally from a place of humility
• Play an active role in mentoring and developing peers, giving feedback and guiding them through projects
• Get a little weird. And then get weirder. Be a part of an evolving team and contribute to our unique company culture.
What skills do I need? 📖
• A portfolio showcasing a breadth of creative digital focused work
• 7+ years experience working at an agency or in-house
• Strong understanding of type and color
•Experience working with web design systems
• Up-to-date with all current design technologies and web standards
• Experience working on responsive web design and collaborating with front end engineers
Bonus skills & Attributes 🙌
• Photography or video
• Motion design
• Front-end Development