The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Senior Manager of Sales Development is a new and integral role within the maturing sales organization. Reporting to the Director of Sales for the Americas and APAC, this person will be responsible for continuing to build and refine our high performing Sales Development organization. We are looking for a senior analytical operator and strong culture builder who will develop their Manager’s and further reinvent how we communicate with prospective customers.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Effectively hiring, coaching and inspiring Sales Development Managers in San Francisco, Chicago, and Sydney
- Completely running day to day lead generation operations for the majority of the company through strong partnerships with our cross-functional GTM teams to measure and predict our Top of Funnel lead metrics
- Building an outbound sales development team and process to complement our existing inbound sales development teams
- Constantly testing new and innovative ways to capture and convert prospective customers
What skills do I need? 📖
- 3+ years experience achieving and exceeding sales goals as a front-line sales manager
- 1+ year(s) of experience directly managing managers of individual contributors
- Proven experience–and passion for–teaching, developing, and growing the people they work with
- Successful track record of designing, implementing, and validating processes and policies
- The ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities (ability to make trade-offs effectively) and adapt rapidly to a fluid, high-growth environment
- Team player with a strong sense of ownership and “get things done” attitude
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!