The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Manager of our Sales Development team is a new and integral role within the maturing sales organization. Reporting to the Director of North American Sales, this person will be responsible for building and leading a high performing team of Sales Development reps. We are looking for a true leader that excels at developing their team’s skills and preparing them for roles of increasing responsibility and scope, while generating valuable leads to our Account Executives and Relationship Managers.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Effectively hiring, coaching and inspiring a group of variously experienced Sales Development reps to provide a world-class experience to our prospective and current customers interested in learning more about Intercom’s products and platform
- Accurately predicting top of funnel lead volumes by channel on a monthly and quarterly basis, identifying and working with demand generation on channel performance
- Inspiring and challenging the team towards exciting challenges, helping us realize our true ambition and opportunity
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years experience achieving and exceeding individual contributor goals in a revenue owning and closing role
- 1+ year(s) of experience directly managing a team of individual contributors
- Proven experience–and passion for–teaching, developing, and growing the people they work with
- Successful track record of designing, implementing, and validating processes and policies
- The ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities (ability to make trade-offs effectively) and adapt rapidly to a fluid, high-growth environment
- Team player with a strong sense of ownership and “get things done” attitude
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!