The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
You’ll have an exciting opportunity to influence the trajectory of Intercom's overall business, with a particular focus on the North America & Asia-Pacific (APAC) regions, partner with our senior sales, self-serve, and support leaders, and take on an operating role with an exciting and fast-growing company that aims to fundamentally change the way companies interact with their customers.
As the North America/APAC Sales & Support Operations Manager, you will drive the creation and execution of quarterly and annual revenue plans, analyze and share insights on key revenue and marketing trends, and design and measure metrics to enhance overall productivity for the region. You will also adapt and lead the roll-out of global initiatives in your regions, including critical sales, self-serve, and support processes, and ultimately help scale our business in an effective way.
We’re looking for a proactive, independent thinker with deep analytical skills, coupled with the ability to work in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, dig into massive sets of information, and create solutions to problems that have never been tackled before. You are also able to work autonomously, yet collaboratively within a global team.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Partner closely with senior leadership in San Francisco & Sydney to develop actionable, measurable projects that accelerate sales growth and improve existing sales processes & operations
- Advise on new business growth strategy, churn strategy, existing customer base expansion, sales incentives and segmentation; approach problems analytically to come to data-driven resolutions
- Support weekly and monthly reporting and forecasting for the sales organization, identifying significant changes and trends that will materially impact the company’s growth trajectory
- Develop key performance metrics and dashboards that help sales organization focus on key performance drivers
- Assist in all facets of sales planning, inclusive of regular updates to quotas, headcount, and sales plan
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, and Finance to define and improve our lead-to-bookings process
- Gather regional requirements and project manage changes to our sales and support technology that result in improvements in sales and support rep productivity
- Establish strong working relationships with regional sales leadership, customer support, marketing and finance to improve overall operations and how the company goes to market
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years experience in Sales Operations; start-up & SaaS experience preferred
- Familiarity with Q2C, sales systems and data analytics
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Quick learner with the ability to solve problems independently or with little guidance
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy, particularly within a global setting
- Comfort, and preferably experience, with working with many sales related tools including SFDC
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience, effectively communicating with senior management
- Background working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
- Experience with Salesforce.com and SQL is a plus
- MBA/MS or equivalent with specialization in marketing, finance, mathematics, business or related field of study.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!