As part of the Intelex Support Team, the Support Analyst is responsible for providing application technical support to Intelex’s customers. Key responsibilities include analysis, debugging and resolution of issues that customers have with the Intelex software.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Manages a fast-paced queue of support inquiries and requests.
- Assesses support inquiries to identify whether issues are system or user related.
- Communicates with customers through the Intelex ticketing system as well as over the phone and/or email to optimize issue resolution.
- Troubleshoots and debugs qualified system issues.
- Investigates and analyzes the root cause of qualified system issues.
- Categorizes, and documents qualified system issues for the Research and Development Department.
- Ensures customer requests are acknowledged and resolved within service level agreement times.
- Keeps customers up to date on cases pending confirmation when applicable.
- Works closely with various departments to ensure solution resolution and excellent customer service.
- Acquires, maintains and applies detailed knowledge of Intelex’s product and applications.
- Identifies and documents opportunities for improvement based on customer suggestions.
- Works closely with Research and Development and the Quality Assurance teams to move issues through the software release process.
- Maintains a consistent number of open / closed tickets and customer satisfaction scores.
- Reports to the Team Lead, Support
Skills & Work Traits
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to analyze and make an educated decision.
- Strong written and verbal skills; including the ability to present technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Results driven with a proven ability to project a positive attitude.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills and excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of Environmental, Health, Safety or Quality is considered an asset.
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
- Solid understanding of web-based application architectures.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles.
- Understanding in application programming languages (ASP.NET, XML, Java Script), database languages (SQL, T-SQL), Microsoft office, screen capture, and time tracking tools.
- Minimum 1-3 years of web application, technical support, or quality assurance experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science/Information Systems, or equivalent Experience.
- An MCSE certification is an asset.
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies ULC. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country’s top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com