As part of the Enterprise Delivery Division of Customer Engagement, the Project Manager has an overall responsibility for the successful planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing of Intelex system implementations.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Works in collaboration with (Sr.) Solution Architects and (Sr.) Project Consultants to develop project plans that align to the requirements and effort of client solutions.
- Coordinates project requirements with clients in order to ensure complete alignment on project deliverables.
- Effectively communicates with the client, Intelex project team and other cross-functional departments in order to ensure all project requirements and milestones are understood and delivered according to the project plan.
- Ensures all client information / data requirements are received and communicated.
- Creates and executes project plans and revises as appropriate in order to meet requirements.
- Facilitates the day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope, including project budget.
- Effectively applies implementation methodology and enforces project standards.
- Identifies and mitigates project exposure and risk.
- Responsible for project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
- Identifies business development and "add-on" sales opportunities.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Sets and manages client expectations.
- Effectively communicates with clients to identify needs and evaluate business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Contributes towards the continual improvement of our service delivery models.
- Travel to client locations within Canada, the United States and occasional international travel required. Expected travel is 10%-40%.
- Reports to the Global Services, Director (Enterprise)
Skills & Work Traits
- Ability to maintain strategic relationships with various internal and external parties such as clients, vendors, employees and executives.
- Strong written and verbal skills; including the ability to present technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Strong understanding of the software implementation project lifecycle including waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Strong understanding of the software implementation project lifecycle
- Results driven with a proven ability to project a positive sales attitude.
- Ability to understand business needs in order to align the business need into system capabilities.
- Communicates changes effectively, builds commitment and overcomes resistance, prepares and supports those affected by the change.
- Understanding of agile methodologies.
- Understanding of Environmental, Health, Safety or Quality considered an asset.
- Prior experience with MS Office and in depth experience with MS Project
- Strong understanding of application architecture and design principles
- 3 + Years of experience in Project Management role, or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science/Information Systems, or equivalent Experience.
- PMP certification, preferred.
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country’s top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com