As a member of the Global Services department, the Intelex Consulting Manager (CM) is responsible for leading a team of consultants, architects and project managers in delivering successful EHSQ software implementations and services projects. This includes ensuring that all implementations within their team are completed with the objective of driving client business outcomes that maximize the value of the Intelex software. The CM works with Sales to ensure a successful hand-off, leads their team in the planning and execution of the software implementation, and supports the successful transition of clients to the Intelex Customer Success team. Complimenting technical and business experience, a CM has a strong working knowledge of, or a keen interest in developing the knowledge of environmental regulatory compliance and health and safety compliance.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
Project Pre-Sales Responsibilities
- Conduct careful and timely reviews of all services estimates with the goal to review overall accuracy and reduce non-billable service time.
- Provide guidance on the translation of client requirements and services estimates into a statement of work (SOW) or services proposal that will meet client’s overall business objectives, solution requirements, and cost and timeline objectives.
- As appropriate, participates in onsite or remote pre-sales presentations with members of the Acquisition or Customer Success team.
Project Implementation Delivery Responsibilities
- Provides strategic leadership on system implementations (full project lifecycle).
- Facilitates project hand-off/client hand-off meetings between Sales/Customer Success, Solution Management and Global Services for client implementations.
- Align project requirements to resource competencies and establish the appropriate Intelex Project Team.
- Supports (Sr.) Project Managers, (Sr.) Solution Architects and (Sr.) Project Consultants to develop and execute on project plans that align to the requirements and effort of client solutions.
- Ensures GS implementation methodology is followed and enforces project standards.
- Minimizes project exposure and risk by instituting proactive Risk Management strategies.
- Responsible for communicating project progress through regular Executive Steering Committee meetings.
- Acts as the primary Intelex escalation point for assigned projects. Collaborate with other Intelex departments in the resolution of client issues/escalations and resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Effectively close out projects with an objective of securing positive client testimonials and conducting formal lessons learned activities with an objective of improving our implementation methodology and skills in other implementation resources.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
Operational Leadership Responsibilities
- Responsible for meeting time to value, CSAT, project revenue, margin, and utilization targets.
- Responsible for services revenue forecasting and resource forecasting.
- Identifies business development and "add-on" software sales opportunities.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion. Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Contributes towards the continual improvement of our service delivery models (Identifies and seeks to improve best practice implementation strategies).
- Lead improvement initiatives and special projects as assigned.
- Travel to client locations within Canada, the United States and occasional international travel required. Expected travel up to 25%.
Team/People Management Responsibilities
- Responsible for forecasting required resources required to meet project demand and practice targets.
- Responsible for team development including setting expectations, providing mentorship and training, recruiting, team member career progression, salary and bonus decisions.
- Contributes to and participates in new employee onboarding plan.
- Conducts quarterly performance appraisals with direct reports.
- Reports to the Director, Global Services, Denver
Skills & Work Traits
- Able to work collaboratively and lead others in a team setting; adept at building internal and external relationships and mitigating difficult personalities or situations.
- Able to clearly communicate technical issues, business problems and proposed solutions to non-technical audience/clients.
- Professional self-starter that is able to develop and maintain a technical skillset and product knowledge.
- Experience in successfully leading the implementation of larger and/or complex software solutions and understanding of the software implementation project lifecycle.
- Demonstrated leadership in a consulting delivery practice and achieving all prescribed metrics.
- Demonstrated success in producing complex regulatory reports, including Air (GHGRP, State Emissions Inventories, Title V), Water (Permit Limits and DMR) and Waste (RCRA) is an asset
- History of demonstrated success in Health and Safety program management is an asset
- Prior experience with configuring software and an understanding of relational database management systems required.
- Extensive prior experience with MS Excel and other MS Office applications required.
- Knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety and/or Quality Management Systems required.
- Prior experience reporting greenhouse gas emissions under Title 40, Chapter I, Subchapter C, Part 98 of the Code of Federal Regulations is preferred.
- Prior experience in deploying Health and Safety programs or software is preferred.
- Prior experience writing SQL queries is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in a client-facing environmental or health and safety consulting, or software delivery role required.
- Project Management experience, including a demonstrated ability to execute projects from the requirements gathering phase through deployment, is an asset.
- People management experience, including supervising, managing and motivating team members on a daily basis, is an asset.
- Applied science Bachelor’s degree or related field (Engineering, Physics, Geology, Environmental Studies, Computer Science etc.). Master’s degree preferred.
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country’s top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com