As the Director of Solution & Industry Marketing at Intelex, you will be responsible for creating and communicating compelling narratives and positioning for our EHSQ solutions. This is a strategic, high profile position both internally and externally, managing a team of product marketers and delivering on the mandate to define and communicate our market position and drive our solution go-to-market strategy. The successful candidate will be able to analyze and understand the market and customer opportunity to position Intelex as the global leader, and then create the appropriate solution and industry marketing strategy, messaging, and tools to bring it to life in a way that is differentiated. Cross-functional leadership and the ability to drive consensus and engagement across marketing, sales, product management, product development, and the executive leadership team is critical.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Apply strategic thinking to create and execute segmentation and solution go-to-market strategies.
- Manage a team of product marketers and work collaboratively with other marketing functions.
- Research, develop, and deliver keen market insights including sizing, addressable market opportunity, win/loss analysis, buyer personas, competitive intelligence and positioning, market and customer requirements, and more.
- Evaluate priorities and formulate overall solution and industry marketing plan, including specific measures of success.
- Aggressively position and market the company and its solutions through clear, compelling value propositions, based on pain points that resonate with customers and prospects.
- Understand sales and channel requirements and deliver high impact sales enablement including sales training and participation in sales calls as necessary to ensure field effectiveness in positioning and selling.
- Understand and position Intelex’s key capabilities, differentiators, benefits and use cases for target customer segments and incorporate into sales tools and market-facing assets.
- Provide direction and drive the creation of solution-oriented and persona-specific consideration and decision content including web copy, collateral, solution briefs, presentations, customer case studies, ROI models, solution demos and videos, competitive battlecards, etc.
- Work in close collaboration with Product Management and Sales to communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop sales tools, as well as product demos and videos that support the selling process.
- Identify opportunities and pursue case studies as well as product and customer awards aligned with our market position to add third party credibility and validity.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer and prospect requirements and represent the voice of the customer/prospect within Intelex at cross-functional team meetings.
- Conduct regular meetings of customer and/or industry focus groups to gain valuable insights and guide efforts in product development and solution marketing.
- Spearhead Intelex’s Customer Advisory Council including cross-functional participation.
- Plan and execute product launches to external and internal audiences.
- Develop and maintain regular cadence of communications to customers to inform of new features, solution spotlights, and keep customers engaged and retained throughout the buyer journey.
- Spearhead upsell and cross-sell promotions to drive stickiness and increase adoption of Intelex solutions.
- Act as spokesperson as required for webinars, videos, press interviews, analyst briefings, speaking engagements, and other market-facing needs.
- Support the social media strategy through value-added content creation and by engaging with leading industry bloggers and other influencers.
- Reports to the Senior Vice President, Marketing
- Directly manages a team of Product Marketing Managers
- Builds and maintains relationships with cross functional teams within the organization.
Skills & Work Traits
- High-energy individual ready to grow a highly motivated and dedicated solution and product marketing team.
- Track record for developing outbound marketing campaigns including creative message execution.
- Ability to establish goals and set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through with timely execution in a fluid, cross-functional team environment.
- Proven ability to provide the overall marketing direction for a solution or set of solutions in an industry or functional area, including building a market-driven business case, developing a solution marketing plan, creating compelling messaging based on customer pain points, and working closely with customers, industry experts, press and analysts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and analytical nature.
- Pragmatic or equivalent certification would be desired.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in solution and/or product marketing in the enterprise or SaaS software market.
- Strategic thinker who can define and pursue high level objectives.
- Proven ability to understand and communicate customer processes, market challenges and associated solution requirements effectively.
- Ability to lead, drive alignment and consensus with cross-functional teams.
- Aptitude for technology and ability to connect technical concepts with customer value.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience developing and validating positioning, messaging, competition, segmentation, go to market strategy and developing pricing models for a fast-paced, high growth technology market.
- Product Management experience with a marketing lens is highly valued in this role.
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing, Communications, Technology Management or MBA in a related field.
- Pragmatic Marketing/Technical/Engineering education or certification would be an asset.
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1,300 clients and 1.6 million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in environmental, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of North America’s fastest-growing tech companies who has recently been recognized as a Great Place to Work for over 7 years, Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Millennials and Canadian HR Team for fewer than 500 employees and has been recipient of Waterstone’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures award, and Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies award. For more information, visit https://www.intelex.com/careers or see what our employees are saying by following our #ProudIntelexian hashtag.