Ingenuity Prep prepares students in Ward 8 to succeed in college and beyond as impactful civic leaders. Our innovative instructional model promotes small group learning for students, collaborative teaching teams, and robust coaching and professional development opportunities for teachers.
We are looking for an Elementary School Culture Associate who will provide disciplinary, reflective, and restorative interventions with students who have earned referrals out of the classroom. The primary role in these interventions will be to identify and address the root of the behavior to minimize time outside of the classroom and maximize time in the classroom. This individual will collaborate extensively with the Elementary Principal, Vice Principals, and teachers. This is an ideal role for an individual looking to build their skills on the path to becoming a teacher or culture leader.
Note that this is an hourly role, with a salary of $19/hour and 40/hours per week.
WHAT WE’RE ABOUT
- Mission: We’re closing the opportunity gap. Students and families in Southeast D.C. have too few options for high-quality elementary, middle, and high schools. Ingenuity Prep aspires to right this systemic injustice providing an exemplary educational option for Southeast D.C.’s students and families.
- Model: We pair high expectations with high support. Too often, our students are underestimated. At Ingenuity Prep, an innovative teacher development model, paired with best-in-class training from strong instructional leaders, allows us to grow great teachers who, ultimately, lead high-expectation and high-support classrooms.
- Results: Our students are defying expectations. Ingenuity Prep’s students outperform their neighborhood peers on rigorous, national, college-track assessments. Already out-performing many of their more privileged peers around the city, in the coming years, Ingenuity Prep’s students will provide an expectation-defying and achievement-gap-closing proof point — showing what our kids are capable of when we provide the right opportunities, expectations, and support.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a School Culture Associate at Ingenuity Prep, you will work with grades 5-7 to:
- Provide restorative, reflective, and disciplinary interventions with students who have received referrals out of the classroom in grades 5-7.
- Provide crisis intervention and behavior management to expedite students’ return to classrooms.
- Collaborate with members of the Elementary leadership team, support RTI and behavior intervention.
- Monitor social-emotional goals for students receiving counseling.
- Support implementation of school-wide behavior management systems.
- Support with school-wide duties as necessary.
- Receive regular, individualized coaching from Ingenuity Prep’s instructional leadership team to grow your practice.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Ingenuity Prep may be the right fit for you if:
- You have experience working in a low-income school.
- You have a history - and are excited about - building strong relationships with students.
- You have a high level of emotional consistency.
- You are excited about working collaboratively with your colleagues.
- You want to work in a feedback-rich culture, and are eager to grow your practice through individual coaching and professional development opportunities.
- You want to consistently partner with families as part of your plan for student success.
- You hold high expectations for yourself and your students.
- You have a High School Degree/GED and a clear background check.
MORE ABOUT US
Ingenuity Prep offers among the strongest compensation and benefits packages of any public charter school in Washington, D.C. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Highly competitive compensation.
- 100% of medical and dental premiums for employees paid for by Ingenuity Prep, along with 100% of dependent premiums and 50% of spouse’s or domestic partner’s premiums.
- 100% of employee’s short and long-term disability and life insurance plans paid for by Ingenuity Prep.
- A minimum of two weeks maternity/paternity leave at 100% pay for all staff -- regardless of gender. Over time, that increases to as much as six weeks -- all at 100% pay.
- A 100% match -- up to 3% -- on your 401K retirement plan.
- A 100% Ingenuity Prep-paid cell phone plan. You can even bring your current number into our plan.
- MacBook Air computer for professional and personal use.
Ingenuity Prep does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, veteran status, religion, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.