At Inceptive, we don't have titles. Instead of topic experts working in silos, we are building an antedisciplinary team where everyone is gaining deep knowledge outside of their traditional area of expertise. For this reason, we call ourselves Beginners.
At Inceptive, you will drive development forward that could help billions of people. To accomplish this, you will be part of a collaborative, antedisciplinary team building our biological software.
We design RNA molecules using a combination of deep learning and wet lab experimentation. Deep learning models make use of large quantities of “training” examples, i.e. measurements of the desired or similar properties on a diverse set of RNA constructs. To achieve this, as part of Development, you will be responsible for building multiplexed high-throughput assays for measuring various properties of RNA in order to scale data collection beyond the linear increases of typical arrayed experimentation. Finally, you will be responsible for maintaining detailed notes and developing standard operating procedures while ensuring high-quality data acquisition.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it
- Develop and implement high-throughput, multiplexed assays to measure RNA performance in arrayed formats
- Embody our vision of an antedisciplinary environment and embrace learning outside of your traditional area of expertise
- Collaborate with team members from diverse backgrounds to build innovative and scalable experiments to solve complex problems that span biology and computation
- M.Sc. with 2+ years of industry experience in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related fields
- Demonstrated experience building and optimizing arrayed high-throughput assays in mammalian cells
- Problem-solver who is equally excited by finding creative solutions to complex problems as you are by executing on them
- Ability to communicate technical and scientific concepts to team members from a broad variety of backgrounds
- Availability to accommodate working with team members across different time zones, with one or two meetings per week starting at 8am PT or finishing at 7pm CET
- Readiness to travel several times a year for company retreats and business events
- We value the benefits of in-person collaboration and prefer candidates who can easily and regularly connect at one of our office locations
Preferred technical skills
- Solid foundation in molecular and cellular biology (RNA biology is a plus)
- Experience in high-throughput screening in 96-, 384-, or 1536-well assays
- Experience with liquid handlers, automated plate washers, dispensers, or other automated lab systems
- Experience in mammalian tissue culture (immortalized and primary cells) and associated methods (e.g. transfections, cell-line engineering, plate readers. microscopy)
$100K – $240K + Bonus + Equity
What we offer
- A competitive compensation package
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- Comprehensive health insurance and 401K with company match (US) or comparable benefits if based in other countries
- Quarterly company-wide retreats
- Budget for multiple visits per year to our offices in Berlin and/or in Palo Alto
- Learning & Development budget to attend conferences, take courses, or otherwise invest in your professional growth, as well as access to the Learning & Development platform EdX
- A buddy to help you get settled
At Inceptive, we are creating tools to develop increasingly powerful biological software for the rational design of novel, broadly accessible medicines and biotechnologies previously out of reach. Our team brings together vast expertise in molecular biology, machine learning, and software engineering, and we are all working towards becoming antedisciplinary, meaning we deepen the knowledge we have in our area of expertise while also expanding our knowledge of completely new fields.
We approach our goals with a beginner's mind, humbly and with fresh eyes, and aim to become the pioneers of a new discipline rooted in biology as much as in deep learning, whose impact will be realized together with out-of-the-box thinkers in business and entrepreneurship, defying established categorizations. We are building a company culture centered around growth, learning, and discovery. We believe in humility and open-mindedness in how we approach each other, as well as problems we don't yet have solutions for.
It is the policy of Inceptive to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Inceptive prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
Inceptive is also committed to welcoming and providing accommodations to people with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need any accommodations throughout your application process.