At Inceptive, we don't have titles. Instead of topic experts working in silos, we are building an antedisciplinary team where everyone is gaining deep knowledge outside of their traditional area of expertise. For this reason, we call ourselves Beginners.
At Inceptive, you will drive development forward that could help billions of people. To accomplish this, you will be part of a collaborative, antedisciplinary team building our biological software.
Data is critical to everything we do at Inceptive. Our models are trained on data from a wide range of sources including, but not limited to, the many wet lab experiments we run internally.
You will play a pivotal role in building robust and scalable infrastructure to make our data accessible across the company. You will be responsible for supporting data integrity and quality control end-to-end from raw data collected across a range of lab instruments to data used to train machine learning models. Your work will enable individuals with diverse backgrounds, including machine learning, experimental biology, and business development, to leverage data to drive innovation and advance our mission.
Your Mission, should you choose to accept it
- Design and build infrastructure and tooling required for effective and unified data management across the whole company
- Embody our vision of an antedisciplinary environment and embrace learning about areas outside of your traditional area of expertise
- Collaborate with team members from diverse backgrounds to build innovative and scalable experiments to solve complex problems that span biology and computation
- Demonstrated experience in designing, building, and managing data pipelines
- Experience with databases and a deep understanding of fundamental concepts
- Proficiency in software design, including the ability to identify appropriate abstractions and strike a balance between extensibility and development complexity
- Exceptional attention to detail in the validation and testing of corner cases
- Strong understanding of Python data structures
- Extensive experience in deploying and maintaining automation tools, such as Continuous Integration (CI) and scheduling tasks (e.g., cron jobs). Proficiency in working with development environments like Docker, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Effective communication of technical and scientific concepts to team members from diverse backgrounds
- Availability to accommodate working with team members across different time zones, with one or two meetings per week starting at 8am PT or finishing at 7pm CET
- Readiness to travel several times a year for company retreats and business events
- We value the benefits of in-person collaboration and prefer candidates who can easily and regularly connect at one of our office locations
- Deep knowledge in your traditional area of expertise with a strong eagerness to apply your skills in the field of biology
- A proactive problem-solver who finds excitement in discovering creative solutions to complex problems and effectively executing them
- Familiarity with fundamental machine learning concepts
- Familiarity with basic biological concepts, including DNA, RNA, and proteins
$100K – $240K + Bonus + Equity
What we offer
- A competitive compensation package
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- Comprehensive health insurance and 401K with company match (US) or comparable benefits if based in other countries
- Quarterly company-wide retreats
- Budget for multiple visits per year to our offices in Berlin and/or in Palo Alto
- Learning & Development budget to attend conferences, take courses, or otherwise invest in your professional growth, as well as access to the Learning & Development platform EdX
- A buddy to help you get settled
At Inceptive, we are creating tools to develop increasingly powerful biological software for the rational design of novel, broadly accessible medicines and biotechnologies previously out of reach. Our team brings together vast expertise in molecular biology, machine learning, and software engineering, and we are all working towards becoming antedisciplinary, meaning we deepen the knowledge we have in our area of expertise while also expanding our knowledge of completely new fields.
We approach our goals with a beginner's mind, humbly and with fresh eyes, and aim to become the pioneers of a new discipline rooted in biology as much as in deep learning, whose impact will be realized together with out-of-the-box thinkers in business and entrepreneurship, defying established categorizations. We are building a company culture centered around growth, learning, and discovery. We believe in humility and open-mindedness in how we approach each other, as well as problems we don't yet have solutions for.
It is the policy of Inceptive to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Inceptive prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
Inceptive is also committed to welcoming and providing accommodations to people with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need any accommodations throughout your application process.