At Inceptive, we don't have titles. Instead of topic experts working in silos, we are building an antedisciplinary team where everyone is gaining deep knowledge outside of their traditional area of expertise. For this reason, we call ourselves Beginners.
At Inceptive, you will drive development forward that could help billions of people. To accomplish this, you will be part of a collaborative, antedisciplinary team building our biological software.
You will work at the interface of Business and Development to identify problems faced by our partners and align our internal capabilities to maximize the impact of our technology.
You will ensure we focus on products and partnerships that can make biological software a reality. You will work closely with Technical Staff in Development who are building tools to develop increasingly powerful biological software and with Business to engage with potential partners in drug development.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it
- Embody our vision of an antedisciplinary environment and embrace learning about areas outside of your traditional area of expertise
- Identify and develop products for our partnership business
- Define the requirements and opportunities for biological software
- Ensure our development teams are focusing on the most important capabilities and opportunities
- Background and experience in a quantitative technical field such as physical sciences, engineering, or a related field (background and experience can be college degree, research experience, and/or work experience)
- Strong interest in the RNA-based biotechnology and/or machine learning, and fluent understanding of the key players in the market
- Experience working in a business-facing setting (product management, business development, marketing, etc.)
- Eagerness to find creative solutions to complex problems and take end-to-end responsibility for their execution
- Demonstrated ability to understand the big picture, while driving projects on the ground from beginning to end
- Availability to accommodate working with team members across different time zones, with one or two meetings per week starting at 8am PT or finishing at 7pm CET
- Readiness to travel several times a year for company retreats and business events
- We value the benefits of in-person collaboration and prefer candidates who can easily and regularly connect at one of our office locations
- Experience working with RNA, machine learning, or related disciplines
- Understanding of latest advancements in RNA and/or machine learning with a strong (supported) hypothesis on where the field may go
$100K – $200K + Bonus + Equity
What we offer
- A competitive compensation package
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- Comprehensive health insurance and 401K with company match (US) or comparable benefits if based in other countries
- Quarterly company-wide retreats
- Budget for multiple visits per year to our offices in Berlin and/or in Palo Alto
- Learning & Development budget to attend conferences, take courses, or otherwise invest in your professional growth, as well as access to the Learning & Development platform EdX
- A buddy to help you get settled
At Inceptive, we are creating tools to develop increasingly powerful biological software for the rational design of novel, broadly accessible medicines and biotechnologies previously out of reach. Our team brings together vast expertise in molecular biology, machine learning, and software engineering, and we are all working towards becoming antedisciplinary, meaning we deepen the knowledge we have in our area of expertise while also expanding our knowledge of completely new fields.
We approach our goals with a beginner's mind, humbly and with fresh eyes, and aim to become the pioneers of a new discipline rooted in biology as much as in deep learning, whose impact will be realized together with out-of-the-box thinkers in business and entrepreneurship, defying established categorizations. We are building a company culture centered around growth, learning, and discovery. We believe in humility and open-mindedness in how we approach each other, as well as problems we don't yet have solutions for.
It is the policy of Inceptive to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Inceptive prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
Inceptive is also committed to welcoming and providing accommodations to people with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need any accommodations throughout your application process.