Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of this position is to support and fulfill multiple facility related functions within the Maintenance Department. This position will uphold the Hydrite “Standards of Excellence” through continuous commitment to customer satisfaction, both internal and external.
- Respond to the challenges of the position in a manner consistent with Hydrite’s goal of achieving 100% customer satisfaction.
- Ensure full compliance to Hydrite’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Responsible for supervising the activities, procedures and standards of performance for all Maintenance personnel following established SOP’s, safety, and regulatory policies.
- Responsible for directing the Maintenance Department to ensure that plant equipment is maintained to operate safely and efficiently and that repairs are conducted on a timely basis.
- Responsible for carrying out capital projects utilizing plant maintenance labor.
- Ensure maintenance related expenses are managed at or below budget levels.
- Maintain and further develop PM database for work orders, preventive maintenance schedules, LO/TO and other procedures, equipment histories, inventories, and engineering files.
- Ensure that standard operating procedure documents are current and trained. Update procedures affecting the Maintenance Department as necessary to maintain consistency with current plant practices.
- Ensure that safety and regulatory issues are addressed and training is conducted to meet Hydrite and regulatory agency requirements.
- Appropriately communicate information to the Maintenance Department as needed. Also, define, communicate, and enforce the plant housekeeping standards
- Develop and execute the Plant Maintenance standards to meet the requirements set forth by AIB and the FDA.
- Assist, in Confined Space Entry, Hot Work, and also able to perform Lock Out Tag Out of equipment.
- Guides employee performance and development through the use of daily communication and annual performance evaluations.
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- All staff members are responsible for reporting food safety problems to their supervisor or the SQF Practitioner upon observation of a known or potential issue.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor.
- Must be RCRA compliant
- Entering PM’s and Work Orders
- Active member of Milwaukee’s Emergency Response Team.
- Works with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or 5-10 years of relevant experience is required.
- Three to five years chemical experience in a supervisory or management role preferred.
- Experience managing with a maintenance software system is preferred.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to sit, stand, and climb stairs for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, occasionally.
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 50 feet, on occasion.
- Able to perform manual dexterity tasks.
- Ability to operate a forklift; previous experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a warehouse facility where temperatures may range from -10 up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit; as well as work outside in all weather conditions; snow, rain, wind, and high humidity.
- Must be able to pull/push equipment and/or piping weighing up to 100 pounds into position for 1 -2 minutes up to 40 times a day.
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching.
- Able to wear a hairnet and beard net, if applicable, with a hard hat.
- No exposed jewelry in body piercings when in a GMP production area.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses are prohibited.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
- Ability to wear SCBA and additional personal protective equipment.
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/hydrite
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs_493NR8RI
Learn more about Hydrite Chemical Co. on our website: www.hydrite.com
Privacy Notice for California Residents: https://www.hydrite.com/Legal/Privacy-Notice-for-Employees.htm